Hi everyone,

First off, I am able to run an Ultima server and connect using the classic client.

My issue arises when I try to get the enhanced client working.

I've been all over the place trying to get this to work, but I'll try to make this clear and post links for others to follow the trail to avoid headaches.

I have, of course, the ServUO Master zip which I got today from here: https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO

I have the Enhanced Client Support Files zip which I got today from (From post 1) here: https://www.servuo.com/threads/servuo-and-enhanced-client-support-publish-54.74/

I extracted the master files, and then copied and pasted the EC Support Files files into my ServUO folder, as per the instructions.

I then ran the compile.win.bat (as I am running windows 7).

The compiler doesn't return any errors, but it also does not create a ServUO.exe!

That is problem one, and solving it may solve the whole issue.

Problem two comes when I subvert problem one by copying the non-EC ServUO.exe from the Master Files along with /scripts/misc, into the EC-Support-Files-modified folder (the one where the ServUO.exe failed to create). This allows me to run a Server, and even allows me to connect to it using the ServUOSALoader files.

I can then connect to the shard, and begin creating a character, but as soon as I finish character creation, the ServUO terminal shows that my client disconnected, and the EC just hangs.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your time :)

In my experience the only time the .exe file isn't created is if there was an issue with compiling.
The errors aren't easy to see and could be easy to overlook.
The other thing is if you have an anti-virus software * coughs Norton*; it will delete the .exe sometimes before you even see it.

As for copying the .exe from one file to another, I believe you're just creating a shortcut to the other folder. So it's pulling from non-EC support files.

In my experience the only time the .exe file isn't created is if there was an issue with compiling.
The errors aren't easy to see and could be easy to overlook.
The other thing is if you have an anti-virus software * coughs Norton*; it will delete the .exe sometimes before you even see it.

As for copying the .exe from one file to another, I believe you're just creating a shortcut to the other folder. So it's pulling from non-EC support files.

Nope, no anti-virus here. Is there a way I can give you more information on the compilation process?
[doublepost=1462913754][/doublepost]
Nope, no anti-virus here. Is there a way I can give you more information on the compilation process?
Ok this is weird... I just tried running my non EC patched ServUO installation which already has a character created on it, and I was able to connect with UOSALoader (enhanced client)!

This potentially solves my issue cause I just want to connec tto my friend's ServUO and use the Enhanced Client. I'm still curious as to why this problem with character creation my occur...and why my Servuo.exe isn't compiling.
[doublepost=1462914322][/doublepost]Nope, no anti-virus here. Is there a way I can give you more information on the compilation process?

Ok this is weird... I just tried running my non EC patched ServUO installation which already has a character created on it, and I was able to connect with UOSALoader (enhanced client)!

This potentially solves my issue cause I just want to connec tto my friend's ServUO and use the Enhanced Client. I'm still curious as to why this problem with character creation my occur...and why my Servuo.exe isn't compiling.

EDIT: Looks like a lot of NPCs have display "Missing String" when they are selected for options, so my issues still stand :(
[doublepost=1462914543][/doublepost]Sorry for the double post. I thought I was "Editing" not replying.
[doublepost=1462915069][/doublepost]I managed to slow down the terminal

Attachments

• error1.png
    error1.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 25
The error you're running into with compiling is that the EC support files aren't up to date with the rest of the Repo. They don't include the new trade packets that came out with the ToL expansion.

And yes, you could create a character with classic client and then play with EC. but will run into a lot of minor problems if the EC support files aren't in place.

EC support isn't really on the TO DO list at the moment ( as far as I'm aware ) and probably won't be until Broadsword decides it's in their best interest to completely ditch the classic client so they don't have to map two different copies of every item/mobile/map.

Is there a ServUO package I could download that would be compatible? I'm OK with missing out on some newer content.

Is there a ServUO package I could download that would be compatible? I'm OK with missing out on some newer content.
There was a very stable EC repo on Github, but it is gone now. There was some bickering over who coded what... feelings got hurt... development stopped, and a couple months later the repo was deleted. A real shame.

Thee were some minor issues but it was very stable and completely playable. The biggest problem I had was some gump issues in the XML Quest making.

There was a very stable EC repo on Github, but it is gone now. There was some bickering over who coded what... feelings got hurt... development stopped, and a couple months later the repo was deleted. A real shame.

Thee were some minor issues but it was very stable and completely playable. The biggest problem I had was some gump issues in the XML Quest making.
Of which you have a forked repo of on your Github: https://github.com/Tukaramdas/ServUO-EC-Test-Fork

Yeah, I was not sure about sharing that as there will be no support of any kind ha ha

Anyone is welcome to mess around with it, though. I would recommend deleting the "save" and " backup" folders. They are just my backup copies for my shard (only 3 accounts). I made a number of changes though, like adding a lot more artifacts on Paragons, and a chance for a powerscrolls in the paragon chest. Boat movement is horrid.

For the most part it works well, but will never be merged with the current ServUO repo - that is beyond me.

Yeah, I was not sure about sharing that as there will be no support of any kind ha ha

Anyone is welcome to mess around with it, though. I would recommend deleting the "save" and " backup" folders. They are just my backup copies for my shard (only 3 accounts). I made a number of changes though, like adding a lot more artifacts on Paragons, and a chance for a powerscrolls in the paragon chest. Boat movement is horrid.

For the most part it works well, but will never be merged with the current ServUO repo - that is beyond me.
I'm not implying in any way that there's something wrong with your edits, but they could also download a copy of it before any of your edits via: https://github.com/Tukaramdas/ServUO-EC-Test-Fork/tree/5937b61e522c55d5b01a7fd170c290b82dd9d4a4

As for merging with the latest repo, it will take a lot of manual edits. I did it with JustUo before we stopped supporting it and not ready to do it again with ServUo.

Ok, so it looks like with package linked in the quote here works with no Missing String errors a slight modification in game!

How I got it to work:
1) I downloaded https://github.com/Tukaramdas/ServUO-EC-Test-Fork/tree/5937b61e522c55d5b01a7fd170c290b82dd9d4a4
2) I ran the compile.win.bat (without adding the support files)
3) I then connected (see earlier in thread for that info)
4) In order to populate the world, you have to manually add the "[Createworld" command to the list at the top by clicking the "?" circle.

It takes a few moments to populate the world at which time the character cannot move, but it does work!
[doublepost=1462951631][/doublepost]
Ok, so it looks like with package linked in the quote here works with no Missing String errors a slight modification in game!

How I got it to work:
1) I downloaded https://github.com/Tukaramdas/ServUO-EC-Test-Fork/tree/5937b61e522c55d5b01a7fd170c290b82dd9d4a4
4) In order to populate the world, you have to manually add the "[Createworld" command to the list at the top by clicking the "?" circle.

It takes a few moments to populate the world at which time the character cannot move, but it does work!

How I got it to work:

Tukaram: Thank you for the work you did (read the entirety of the other thread you referenced earlier. And thank you to everyone else who had a hand in it.

zerodowned: Thanks for you guidance!

Yes, it works pretty well. There are some bugs with it, boat movement is bad, there are still some item stacking issues, things disappear from the bag in grid view - but are there in list view... Nothing real bad, though.

Again, I take no credit for this at all. It is just a backup copy of some other peoples work, that got deleted.

I like that link... I have no idea where it came from... but I like it ha ha
When looking at your repo if you click where it says "622 commits" it will take you to a list of all changes made and the details of each one.
To the far right of each commit is a button [<>] and if you hover over it, you get a popup explanation "Browse the repo at this point"
Clicking it will allow you to see all changes up to that point and should allow you to download it up to that point as well

How I got it to work:

[doublepost=1462951631][/doublepost]

Tukaram: Thank you for the work you did (read the entirety of the other thread you referenced earlier. And thank you to everyone else who had a hand in it.

zerodowned: Thanks for you guidance!
Good to hear. There's still a lot of minor bugs to work out but it's the most stable version available.

FYI - change your bags/packs to legacy view. The grid view is buggy still

Back