Hey Folks!

A few of my testers reported server reboots last night while I was away. I found the Crash reports but no idea what it means:

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5987.26572
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 10/22/2020 8:40:17 PM
Mobiles: 4511
Items: 120675
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at daat99.ResourceHelper.GetDaat99HarvestedType(Type originalType, Boolean prospected, Double skill)
at Server.Engines.Harvest.HarvestSystem.FinishHarvesting(Mobile from, Item tool, HarvestDefinition def, Object toHarvest, Object locked)
at Server.Engines.Harvest.HarvestSoundTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice() in c:\ServUO\Server\Timer.cs:line 409
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\ServUO\Server\Main.cs:line 576

Clients:
- Count: 1

Hey Raven, after much trial and error, we have found that it appears to be related to mining gems (basic gems, not the special ones) no clue why/how that's an issue as they all spawn correctly on mobs, chests, vendors, and through [add

If a player (either officially or through [props) has the ability to mine gems and toggles that on their tool (tested shovels and picks) and then mines up ANY gem, the whole server reboots with that error

Hard to say without seeing the scripts. Have you made any modifications to gems?

perhaps post the method - daat99.ResourceHelper.GetDaat99HarvestedType(Type originalType, Boolean prospected, Double skill)

@Ravenwolfe I personally have not, but I did start with a modified distro. I'd be happy to load what ever scripts might help if you'd be willing to look.

I don't follow your suggestion:

perhaps post the method - daat99.ResourceHelper.GetDaat99HarvestedType(Type originalType, Boolean prospected, Double skill)

Do I add that to ResourceHelper.cs?

I'm asking you to post a specific method within ResourceHelper.cs. If you are unsure how to post just the method "GetDaat99HarvestedType" then you can just post upload the whole cs file.

Looks like the system was written before Gem mining was a thing. It is not set to handle Gems as a default resource and so it returns null.

Where did you get your version of daat99 system?

Looks like the system was written before Gem mining was a thing. It is not set to handle Gems as a default resource and so it returns null.

Where did you get your version of daat99 system?

It was a preloaded pack, I've just been modifying as I go along

Very hard to diagnose without the full system. I found some references to gem mining issues with OWLTR (daat99) and ServUO. One solution was presented here, but it doesn't sound like an actual solution to me.

An actual solution would be to add the gem resources and proper null checks to the Harvest system.

Very hard to diagnose without the full system. I found some references to gem mining issues with OWLTR (daat99) and ServUO. One solution was presented here, but it doesn't sound like an actual solution to me.

An actual solution would be to add the gem resources and proper null checks to the Harvest system.
If you're willing to help, I'm willing to work :) let me know what you need and I'll get it done. I can zip and dropbox the server if you'd be willing to look it over. Fair warning, it is organized chaos.... but so far this is the only "problem" my play testers have found.

Have you had issues compiling your core? Your basevendor.cs in your Server folder was all wrong, it was the same as the one in your Scripts folder.

@Ravenwolfe No offense taken sir, I warned you it was organized chaos. Mainly cause I don't know what I'm doing except clicky clicky copy paste makes the world go round :)

Take all the time you need sir

Back