Not even sure if this is possible:

Want to use gump of XML spawner to set it to spawn a mob when a player approaches with a special item in their backpack. Here's what I did, assuming I'm not doing something right or it can't be done, because the spawner continues to respawn the mob when the item is not present:

1604818759912.png

@sahisahi

Well, it seemed to work but now it's not

1605069162668.png

I've tried using the actual item name, the item display name, tried using it as TriggerObject I can't get it to spawn the monster when a player carries the item near the xmlspawner
Post automatically merged:

Sorry! Enough trial and error finally yielded results!

This needed to be set to "true"

1605071995260.png

Last edited:
Maybe if you use the first ExtTrigState you need both? I have never used them. I am not even sure what that value does.

All I use is SpawnOnTrigger & TriggerOnCarried (item), then I set the Duration to 5 minutes so the quest giver despawns. I have multiple spawn on trigger XMLs and they are all set like this. But I am sure there is more than one way to skin a cat... why we want to skin a cat... I do not know...

spawn on trigger.JPG

Not sure why I had to enable that then lol. Regardless it works, would be easier if I could just make namespace Server.Mobiles and namespace Xanthos.Evo play nice and properly see each other.

Back