Hi guys, i've downloaded the ServUO LoA 2-11-18 a while back. Im trying to set it up so my GF and i can play on it.
I am a complete beginner when it comes to this whole deal, but im willing to do my best to learn.

I tried running the ServUO-master, and i noticed a big difference, compared to the LoA. There was missing the whole pet training area from the LoA server.

How should i go about adding the pet training part from the master to the LoA server ? Or would it be wiser to download the latest version of the ServUO-Master and instead add the things i like from the LoA server ?

Both approaches are going to be very difficult, and equally so. LoA is an older version of the server with many customs already integrated for you.

ServUO just took a giant turn in development and ditched support for older eras and many of the customization systems those eras relied on. Large portions of the core are no longer compatible in any way with what LoA is based on. In fact, much of today's code won't even run on the version I'm using from just 6 months ago!

If you like LoA as it is out of the box, play it and enjoy. If you want the closest experience to today's live UO, download the distro and play that version. I'd play LoA and learn the ropes of script editing and server administration for now and then see if it's worth switching to the newer but plain "real" UO of the current repo.

Both approaches are going to be very difficult, and equally so. LoA is an older version of the server with many customs already integrated for you.

ServUO just took a giant turn in development and ditched support for older eras and many of the customization systems those eras relied on. Large portions of the core are no longer compatible in any way with what LoA is based on. In fact, much of today's code won't even run on the version I'm using from just 6 months ago!

If you like LoA as it is out of the box, play it and enjoy. If you want the closest experience to today's live UO, download the distro and play that version. I'd play LoA and learn the ropes of script editing and server administration for now and then see if it's worth switching to the newer but plain "real" UO of the current repo.

Thanks for the quick thorough reply.

I'll be continiueing to play on LoA then, as its absolutely fantastic, except for the pet training missing :)

If i were interrested in adding a ore type to my shard, how would i go about that ? If its even possible with the advanced age of LoA (I played on a shard many years ago with Deus ore, sharp red. And i kinda miss that)

It's tricky to add resources because of how many places they're referenced. You've got to be able to harvest it, smelt it, craft with it, and have its properties displayed properly in the OPL (object property list, when you mouse over the item). Most of these references are handled by the Cliloc file (client localization, a list of numbers with corresponding text that is displayed to the player) which of course doesn't include customs so you've got to change how the info is pulled. It really is a feat -- doable, but a challenge even for people who have done it before.

Search for "OWLTR" to get an idea of what it takes to integrate new resources. This one is all types of new materials but adding one is just as complicated as adding a dozen!

It's tricky to add resources because of how many places they're referenced. You've got to be able to harvest it, smelt it, craft with it, and have its properties displayed properly in the OPL (object property list, when you mouse over the item). Most of these references are handled by the Cliloc file (client localization, a list of numbers with corresponding text that is displayed to the player) which of course doesn't include customs so you've got to change how the info is pulled. It really is a feat -- doable, but a challenge even for people who have done it before.

Search for "OWLTR" to get an idea of what it takes to integrate new resources. This one is all types of new materials but adding one is just as complicated as adding a dozen!

I've read through it abit on the OWLTR, and
I initially thought it was copy paste e.x copper and changing some lines of code to the new type i wanted. But i can see what you mean by feat.

Im absolutely new to running my own server aswell as programming, so please excuse all my dumb questions. (•‿•)

Perhaps i could start with changing the maximum stats and skillpoints on newly created characters. How would i do that? What file(s) are those stored in?
Aswell as starting equipment (currently one starts with 50000 gold, skill Ball and other such items) which i dont want newly created characters to start with.
(I can add those as admin later if needed).

Also is there a way i can prevent/remove the MOTD(message of the day) from popping up?

I hope its okay i use this post, and not creating a new topic every time.

Items in new player's backpacks are configured in Scripts/Misc/CharacterCreation.cs Searching for "PackItem" in that script will take you to the section you're interested in.

I downloaded LoA so I could be more exact and man, what a confusing scripts directory setup! The MOTD script is in /ScriptsLV2/Systems/MOTD. I use the same one and like it; you can change the messages in the /Data/MOTD folder text files. Removing the folder in the scripts directory should be all that's required to get rid of it.

Be sure to read Milva's Tutorial thread:

in which /Config/PlayerCaps.cfg is also mentioned. Between this file, the tutorial, and the new character creation script, you should be able to dial in your desired experience for new characters.

Thank you, i got all those things sorted. And its working as intended now.

I also bookmarked Milva's tutorial, it helped alot.

I'm getting some warnings, which i hope i can address.
The first one is saying;

Warning: Server.Items.BaseServerBirthRareCont
- No serialization constructor

I found where the baseserverbirthrarecont is located, but i dont know what the - No serialization constructor means in this context. Any ideas ?

My second warning are;

Warning: Duplicate region name 'Corgul Boss Region' for map 'Trammel'
Warning: Duplicate region name 'Corgul Boss Region' for map 'Felucca'

How would i go about this ? Is it because i've spawned the world twice ?
If so the first idea that springs to mind is to respawn the world, so there would be no duplicates.

My third is;

Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser attempting to load Data/ClaimConfig.xml...
Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser failed.

I'm not quite sure why this failed.

1) it means there is no
C#:
public BaseServerBirthRareCont (Serial serial) : base(serial)
{}

2) did you modify the regions files?

3) well thats something we can only guess. Maybe the file does not exist,
maybe the server is somewhere in C:\Programms, wich could mean the server has no rights to read
the files.

1) it means there is no
C#:
{}

2) did you modify the regions files?

3) well thats something we can only guess. Maybe the file does not exist,
maybe the server is somewhere in C:\Programms, wich could mean the server has no rights to read
the files.

1). I added my BaseServerBirthRares file, it should be located at line 42-43 the codeline
C#:
{}
(I'm useing Brackets, not sure if its the best program to be useing, if it has anything to say in this regard).

2). No, i havnt messed around in there at all.

3). My server is located on my desktop, and i always run the server in admin.
I've also added the ConfigParser and ClaimConfig, if thats where the trouble might be.

Attachments

• BaseServerBirthRare.cs
    2.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ClaimConfig.cs
    4.2 KB · Views: 2
  • ConfigParser.cs
    11.1 KB · Views: 1
1) you made it protected, it should be public. Also you have 2 classes in that script, the other one is missing the same thing as well

2) Hmm then maybe check the regions.xml. But for now not the worst issue

3) I was talking about the ClaimConfig.xml in your Data folder

In the zip I downloaded, there is a second regions.xml file hiding in the Scripts.LV3/Holiday Things/Xmas 2010 folder. I bet removing that fixes the duplicate problem.

The zip was also missing the xml file so here's a very basic one that should get you started. Drop it into the /Data folder. If you can dig up a copy of the Xanthos Claim System here you'll probably find its default file in that package as well.

Attachments

• ClaimConfig.xml
    3.1 KB · Views: 6
1) you made it protected, it should be public. Also you have 2 classes in that script, the other one is missing the same thing as well

What do you mean by protected ?, if thats what causing my problems, how can i make it unprotected ?

In the zip I downloaded, there is a second regions.xml file hiding in the Scripts.LV3/Holiday Things/Xmas 2010 folder. I bet removing that fixes the duplicate problem.

The zip was also missing the xml file so here's a very basic one that should get you started. Drop it into the /Data folder. If you can dig up a copy of the Xanthos Claim System here you'll probably find its default file in that package as well.

I tried removing the regions.xml in the folder you said, but it still keeps giving me the duplicate error.

On the Xanthos warning, i tried useing the claimconfig, and its working now. Thanks! =)

Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser attempting to load Data/ClaimConfig.xml...
Xanthos.Utilities.ConfigParser success!

I'll bet your first instinct was right -- the altars got generated twice so they're now on top of each other in Tram and Fel at 2453, 865, 0.

Do [inc x 2 on the altar at those coordinates and see if there were 2 in the same spot. If so, delete one of them. If not, inc the x -2 to put the altar back where it was.

In fact, check all the spawners around there for the same issue. I had a crowd of skeletons because I had multiple spawners on top of each other and I know I didn't generate the world more than once.

I'll bet your first instinct was right -- the altars got generated twice so they're now on top of each other in Tram and Fel at 2453, 865, 0.

Do [inc x 2 on the altar at those coordinates and see if there were 2 in the same spot. If so, delete one of them. If not, inc the x -2 to put the altar back where it was.

In fact, check all the spawners around there for the same issue. I had a crowd of skeletons because I had multiple spawners on top of each other and I know I didn't generate the world more than once.

I tried your trick with inc x 2 on both the one in Trammel and Felucca, and both had double spawned. I removed one on each map and it fixed it. Thanks! :)

I had one spawner on skeletons to much like you aswell, but thats not such a big deal as it dosnt spawn errors, and it was much easier to fix.

Now the only warning i have left is:
Warning: Server.Items.BaseServerBirthRareCont
- No serialization constructor

Back