Hey Folks!

one of my testers found that my server is not applying "correct" bonuses based on smith/armslore/material. I honestly have no idea what I'm looking at but I did find this:

1607316492426.png

I'm assuming that's where the base of Bronze is located and that reads fireresist increase would be 3 - 4 right?

I can't seem to track down where/how the actual math is done with the intensity/bonuses from the skills and materials.

This is what we found in comparison during testing with Non-Runic, using only base smithhammer and GM skills in Malas map (don't think mapl matters right?):

OSI Bronze Material bonus, GM ArmsLore GM BlackSmith: 3physical 0fire 7cold 2poison 2energy = total of 14 "points"
My Bronze Material, GM ArmsLore GM BlackSmith: 2physical 0fire 1cold 1poison 0energy = total of 4 "points"

We've done the test with all base materials and everything seems to be a bit lower than standard OSI. Any suggestions on where/how to adjust that stuff?

Last edited:
Once you go with custom resources all references to OSI are out the window. The intensities of lower resources are lessened because you're also adding 5 more resources on the top end. If they weren't changed there would be no room for differentiation in your new materials.

If you try to keep the lower resources the same as OSI then you'll end up with higher resources with no real difference or they'll have to be so overpowered everybody will walk around with their one-hit uber slayer weapon.

Agreed, but I'd still like to figure out how it works lol. Because I found in the script (screenshot above) doesn't seem to match what's coming in game

the whole system you edited says: "if Uber is set then use 3, if uber is not set then do a random value between 0 and 3" thats your fireresist

I didn't edit :D just found in my scripts. I started with the download of "Clean Pub54 with OWLTR"

ok so "Uber" is runic right?

Yep, the [owltr command.

The "uber" setting is whether you want average runics or ridiculous ones.

(and I am one of those people listed on the menu, just not under this name :D )

@Falkor @PyrO

Thanks you two!! I managed to tweak the file and then enable the Uber settings, everything with the material bonuses and runic is working much closer to the way we'd hoped!

Back