Greetings,

Any advice on where to look for pet distance and/or speed? I'd like my tamed pets to be much faster than they are. I'm looking at BaseAI right now, but I am not sure if I'm in the right place, nor what to look for.

I did find an old thread regarding this same issue, but the scripts were out of date and I didn't know how to fix them. I have very little script knowledge, I've managed Frankenstein a few new items together, but that's about it. Sorry!

Thanks in advance. :)

I figured it out. In BaseAI.cs

{
m_Mobile.DebugSay("Nothing to guard from");

m_Mobile.Warmode = false;

if (Core.AOS)
{
m_Mobile.CurrentSpeed = m_Mobile.ActiveSpeed;
}

WalkMobileRange(controlMaster, 1, false, 0, 1);
}

to

{
m_Mobile.DebugSay("Nothing to guard from");

m_Mobile.Warmode = false;

if (Core.AOS)
{
m_Mobile.CurrentSpeed = 0;
}

WalkMobileRange(controlMaster, 1, false, 0, 1);
}

I also changed it for the follow command: Search "My master told me to follow: {0}" and find the same set of lines.

I couldn't figure out how to change it for "come", but I don't use that command anyway. Hope this helps!

Hmm, I'm not sure how you could make all mobs run faster, but I know it is doable because on my brother's shard many years ago, mobs could easily keep up with players.

My experience with tamed pets, at least on the couple shards I've played, has been having to constantly wait for them to catch up, regardless of my Lore level. With my change, they can keep up with even a mounted player. That is to say, they keep up with me: the tamer. They still move at normal pace when chasing enemies.

ahh nice you are doing it right... I want to make them at mount speed haha. I'll mess with it and post back ive tried messing with speeds before and it never went to mount speed even at max so i kinda just forgot about the issue.

Okay, if I'm understanding correctly, you want the tamed pet to be able to chase down a mounted enemy(player)?
If so, I figured out how to change their attack order speed.
Find this:
{
m_Mobile.DebugSay("Attacking target...");

if (m_Mobile.Combatant != null)
m_Mobile.Direction = m_Mobile.GetDirectionTo(m_Mobile.Combatant);

Think();
}

and replace with

{
m_Mobile.DebugSay("Attacking target...");

if (m_Mobile.Combatant != null)
m_Mobile.Direction = m_Mobile.GetDirectionTo(m_Mobile.Combatant);

if (Core.AOS)
{
m_Mobile.CurrentSpeed = 0;
}

Think();
}

I tried this, and when I ordered it to attack, it ran full sprint at the enemy. I cannot test this against other players, but I imagine it'd be fast enough. They do "hesitate" before going full speed, but I'm not sure why nor how to change that. I am not sure that it would matter, whoever it is chasing would probably still not have enough time to get away, LOL.

Nice! Yeah i wanna make it so you have to fight stuff no matter what and its high intensity adrenaline. I will look for this code in base creature and see if i can override their speed with it.

Ah, this is BaseAI.cs and I believe it applies mostly to tamed/controlled/herding. I am not sure about altering every creature, sorry. :(

Not trying to highjack the thread but I just increased the speed to max in SpeedInfo.cs its friggin insane! it seems a lot better in this newer version of the servuo... older version wouldnt make them this fast! you might be able to adjust pet speed in speedinfo too but idk.

Last edited:
That's awesome! :D I think all of this info would be good for people to find, so no worries about hijacking! I didn't even know SpeedInfo.cs was a thing! So that's great!!

Back