Hi all,

I'm looking at making "custom" items just to jazz things up beyond vanilla.

To test my scripting abilitiy (which is low!) I am creating a chicken leg variant called "Lemon Chicken".

I am attaching the latest cs file for this.

I believe I have referenced all the correct code from food.cs to clone this item.

The item loads and can be created by [add in game.

I keep seeing mention of custom items needing to be copied to clients. In my Lemon Chicken scenario this doesn't appear to be the case.

At what level of edit does a file need to be on the client, as opposed to on the server?

Also, is there anywhere I can load a master list of itemIDs with any sort of usefulness? I've got VisualStudio loading the ServUO project, but I can't see any compendium.

Many thanks in advance!

Nick

Attachments

• LemonChicken.cs
    1 KB · Views: 10
It's been my experience that, if you use art work from the game and basically just change the name and hue or whatnot, you don't need to do anything beyond that.

It's when you use custom created graphics and such that you need to "patch" everyone who plays clients to match yours.

There is a "search image" resource on here that lets you look through all the artwork that already exists on the uo client, and if you're patched to the newest one it will show all the newest art work as well.

Manwitch thank you for clarifying that. It means I can clone to my hearts content :p

Search Image is a bit bulky but awesome, keeping it in production use! Thank you for recommending.

Back