Hello community! I'm looking for some assistance with some login issues I'm having with a ServUO server I'm trying to make for myself and a few friends to tinker with. I'm using the latest ServUO stable build, Razor v1.0 and a copy of T2A UO version 1.26.0. UO is installed and ServUO is working. Here is where I'm getting hung up at.

1. ServUO appears to compile correctly.

ai.imgur.com_yiDVBB0.jpg

2. Razor loads UO 1.26.0.

ai.imgur.com_LC5LqxW.jpg

3. Connects and starts verifying account.

ai.imgur.com_zVUi6jE.jpg

4. Shows that I'm connected to the server but game stays at "verifying account".

ai.imgur.com_ymxGZym.jpg

Can anyone tell me what might be happening? Why would login hang at verifying account on the client screen but show that I'm connected server side? Has anyone seen this before?

Well, I think there is a compatibility list somewhere. I don't know where since my particular server is frozen in time with the client I chose years ago.

I think that I had a RunUO 2.0 server running for the fun of it, while using the Renaissance clent, but there were still a few issues when playing in it.

I get what you are trying to do, but the nature of emulation development usually attempts to run with the latest client for the sake of "trying to stay current". If you even go back as far as RunUO 1.0, your client is still too old to work. But in regards to what you are trying to do, you will simply need to get a more modern client and then change it to meet your needs. This would mean changing moongates so you can't go between facets, making sure client start in Trammel, and then turning on PVP for Trammel. You could also have them start in Felucca and then change the season of Felucca so it doesn't look so morbid.

Well, I think there is a compatibility list somewhere. I don't know where since my particular server is frozen in time with the client I chose years ago.

I think that I had a RunUO 2.0 server running for the fun of it, while using the Renaissance clent, but there were still a few issues when playing in it.

I get what you are trying to do, but the nature of emulation development usually attempts to run with the latest client for the sake of "trying to stay current". If you even go back as far as RunUO 1.0, your client is still too old to work. But in regards to what you are trying to do, you will simply need to get a more modern client and then change it to meet your needs. This would mean changing moongates so you can't go between facets, making sure client start in Trammel, and then turning on PVP for Trammel. You could also have them start in Felucca and then change the season of Felucca so it doesn't look so morbid.

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it. I too at one time had a runuo 1 server running with an old client on a window 7 machine that worked nicely. When I got windows 10 the msvs was not compatible and I lost it all. I figured I'd try it again with runuo 2 or ServUO. I guess I'll have to dig around and see if I can find a compatibility list. I've already over the past few days put in 8+ hours researching and testing clients. What I'm finding is that most the good information that's buried on the web leads to broken links and disappointment. I am probably going to have to settle with a newer client and try and make it work.

Question, why not just either make trammel not accessable, or set trammel to be felucca ruleset?

Setting Trammel to have Felucca ruleset would work if it's feasible. Im not sure if during character selection the options of selecting paladin, necro etc can be disabled? Is this something that can be done?

yes and no, the client itself will have these options but you can alter what really would happen in the character creation itself. As in if someone tool that skill it would make it so that they get another skill actually. Same for the races. Or you would need to look for the last version that didnt have those skills.

Scratch that, tested it. If the expansion is set lower than AoS you can not take the classes and skills at the start up, it will tell you that you cant do it because you do lack the feature on the account

Last edited:
Back