Milva

ServUO has always been driven by the community, and will always continue to be so long as we all keep it progressing forward. In order for that to occur we all need to contribute if and when we are able to the continued maintenance and upkeep fees associated with hosting, upgrades, etc. Not to sound cliche, but even a dollar or two can go a long way - especially when there are 593 members, even if only 1/3 of them are using ServUO currently. The current cost to keep ServUO running is roughly $42 per month. That's less than 8 cents per member, per month. If we all donated $5, ServUO could theoretically run as is for nearly 6 years.

If you run a shard that accepts donations and claim that those donations are spent on server/shard upkeep, then consider donating back a few dollars a month that your players have donated to you if you use the ServUO code. The continuation of ServUO by all of us will only make all of our projects that much better in the long run.

Anyway, enough of my rant. Please consider donating to the project if you're so inclined so that we all might benefit from its prolonged existence.

Any amount helps for the ServUO Website :)

Would a specific Ads page help to gain some money for the forums?
If it does then i would suggest it as it would earn some neutral financing in addition to the donations.
(I'm suggesting an unique/special page strictly dedicated to web ads, just to clarify)

I am staying away from ads. They are a cancer on websites and most users will be using an ad blocker anyway.

Plus, having a page specifically for ads would be against the terms of service of all the quality ad providers out there. You are supposed to integrate ads in your regular site content.

The donation money is dwindling however. There was some large purchases such as the wiki purchased in the last while and a separate server for services such as the art api and the shard poller. If anyone is feeling generous then we would be grateful for any help.

Back