Ravenwolfe

Hey all,

While I totally appreciate all the work currently being done to ServUO, I've always been a fan of the pre-AOS era. However, as ServUO moves on (rightfully so) many of the old content gets replaced. As this content rolls forward, it becomes harder to use the expansion settings to properly emulate an older era.

In addition, using an expansion check to run an older shard results in a bloated, slower project and a ton of unnecessary content.

So, I have been working quietly in the background on another repo that I call ServUO16. I have been removing everything from AOS forward including hundreds of scripts that are unnecessary to pre-AOS eras. I've kept this fairly quiet until I have a server that can be started and spawned without error. I have finally reached this point and I have made the repo public.

https://github.com/Ravenwolfe/ServUO16

Please understand, this repo is FAR from complete. At this point, I have achieved the following:
1. Removed all AOS and forward code.
2. Removed expansion checks.
3. Corrected the [createworld command to decorate and spawn trammel, felucca, and ilshenar only.

There is still a ton of work to be done, but at this point you can start the shard and decorate and spawn the world using the [createworld command. This means we can start testing. All of the best functionality of ServUO remains intact, including NO changes to the core files (meaning we still get the functionality of NET 4 along with the efficiency of the modern ServUO core.

I welcome anyone who is interested in preserving the early eras but wants an more efficient and scaled down code to clone, test, fork and submit pull requests.

Nice dude :)
Are you, by chance, keeping a valid client around as well (lots of old client links have been removed over the past few years)?

Oh damn, forgot to mention that!

I'm using 6.0.10.0 since it has the old Magincia. I will make that available shortly.

My plan is to use an older client in the near future since this one still has the elves, but it works for now.

I also have UOGold, need to test it.

Last edited:
Would be pretty cool to have, although I'm not sure the core will work with that old of a client.

Worth a try tho!

all people have to do is ask fraz for shard classic and its already set up for t2a and under without needing to do any work.

That's cool. This is a bit different tho, there is actually a ton of code removed, not just disabled. Also, this is just prior to AOS, not T2A.

well he has all the way but he also has I here he can remove eras with a drop of a button and its not disabled code. should talk to him about it pretty cool.

I don't think that would be much help for them.. its pre-RunUO, written in C++, and closed source..
From what was stated, I think they are doing a ServUO project which would be completely different.

wel either case you still already did it. also with the best script system. and if they wanted pre t2a with newest.net people have already done it hehe.

Thank you so much! The ServUO16 is working great but I am having serious client problems. I have downloaded UO Gold from this thread and another source but installation will not complete I keep getting an error message 1628: failed to complete installation.

Would love to find the correct client for this I have tried like 5-6 now haha.

Loving the work you put into this though and I am going to keep on working on finding the right client.
[doublepost=1533169546][/doublepost]@Ravenwolfe

I have found the perfect client to run with your work after my last post! I have tested it and it is great, no elf on character creation, no spellweaving in skill list.

https://www.servuo.com/threads/poor-mans-uo-resource.1739/

In there and it is the LBR CD ISO - You will need a virtual reader. Going to test UO Gold when I find a working version too.

Thank you!

Hi, sorry there hasn't been much work on the project in quite a while. I've been extremely busy with real life but it makes me smile that someone is getting some use from the work. I'm glad you found that client, its the same one I was using so it should work well.

I'm hoping I can do some more in the near future. Let me know what issues you have come across.

Back