Hello,

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, I am new to ServUO. I'd like to say first that it's great to see the activity here, I ran a server on RUNUO 15 years ago and I thought everything came to an end when that ended.

I am trying to start a ServUO server for my family to play, I have downloaded and installed UO Gold and went into the CONFIG files to update the datapath.cfg
When I compile, it says there are no accounts, do you wish to make an owner account? So I create one. It restarts and it asks me if I want to create an owner account again.(it just becomes a viscous cycle of restarting and making an owner account)

A Crash report is generated:
Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 7783.18055
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 2021-04-23 2:03:11 PM
Mobiles: 3
Items: 112
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Server.Multis.HouseTeleporterTile.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I've installed .NET Framwork 5
I've removed and reinstalled everything
I've tried UO Classic version and Mondain's Legacy

I really missing smashing the ground to dig up ore...hope someone can help.

Drak

Last edited:
Oh hey, I have this same issue. I just posted my own thread on it too, not realizing there was this one. Hope we get an answer

If I recall correctly, this problem is caused if the DataPath.cfg file does not point to a proper Ultima Online client, or the Ultima Online client it is pointing to has not been patched.

If I recall correctly, this problem is caused if the DataPath.cfg file does not point to a proper Ultima Online client, or the Ultima Online client it is pointing to has not been patched.
well that's the thing, I downloaded the client straight from UO renaissance and it's the exact era that I want to play. IF I update the client, wouldn't that update it to the latest era?

So is there a ServUO that I could use to run with UO Renaissance? I'm looking to run something that has the old school weapon specs like Vanquish, power, silver etc.

It should work without updating. Worse case wierd client issues in old clients but the server should work. However you should update your client, ServUO will make adjustments to the server for the proper era without the vulnerabilities of older clients. With that said, my suggestion is to very much make sure that your datapath is set up correctly to the right location. Mind sharing that setting with us?

It should work without updating. Worse case wierd client issues in old clients but the server should work. However you should update your client, ServUO will make adjustments to the server for the proper era without the vulnerabilities of older clients. With that said, my suggestion is to very much make sure that your datapath is set up correctly to the right location. Mind sharing that setting with us?

1620154839167.png

and here is the actual install path:

1620154902423.png

Ok your datapath is indeed set up correctly. My last thought is to go ahead and patch the client. I think your version of the client is using map files and other files that have been long unsupported by UO and ServUO.

Specifying an era in the server will still make functions like the old vanquish items and such work. That's all done through the server. When you pick an era, it's not telling the server how old your client is per say, it's telling the server what script functionality to use based on that era. Then you will have an updated client better supported without the exploits and bugs from old clients.

I would think it would work with an old client but I may be wrong and am at a loss as to the issue shy of updating. Keep us posted.

Ok your datapath is indeed set up correctly. My last thought is to try patching the client. I think your version of the client is using map files and other files that have been long unsupported by ServUO. Like I said, specifying an era in the server will still make functions like the old vanquish items and such work. That's all done through the server. When you pick an era, it's not telling the server how old your client is per say, it's telling the server what script functionality to use based on that era. Then you will have an updated client better supported without the exploits and bugs from old clients.
Sorry for this dumb question, but how can I patch this client? There is no UO Patch.exe in the folder. Is there another way?

Sorry for this dumb question, but how can I patch this client? There is no UO Patch.exe in the folder. Is there another way?
No worries. That is what you run. Run it and let it finish completely. It may take a while being an old client.

Oof, sorry mis-read your question. That's strange there is no UO-Patch file. I am starting to really think your client is indeed the issue. I would uninstall that client and grab download from UO.com and install that and patch fully.

Oof, sorry mis-read your question. That's strange there is no UO-Patch file. I am starting to really think your client is indeed the issue. I would uninstall that client and grab download from UO.com and install that and patch fully.
Okay, I'll try that when I get home from work. Thanks for your input.

Np, keep us posted. Good luck!
Alright so the account got created and it shows the IP's that it's listening, that's great. I opened up Razor, I pointed the client n the uo directory to the UO Renaissance folder and I put my internal IP 127.0.0.1 w/ port 2593. However, when I open the game up and enter the my credentials in, it just hangs at "verifying account"

at least nothing crashes lol

Edit: It seemed to work the 2nd time around. I'm about to make a character!

Ok, great. Step in the right direction :D

When you try connecting does the server show that a client is connecting to it? If it shows a client (yourself) attempting to connect but it hangs up then it might be razors settings. You have the IP and port correct, do you have "patch client encryption" checked on razor? If it's not checked then that will cause the server to hang.

Ok, great. Step in the right direction :D

When you try connecting does the server show that a client is connecting to it? If it shows a client (yourself) attempting to connect but it hangs up then it might be razors settings. You have the IP and port correct, do you have "patch client encryption" checked on razor? If it's not checked then that will cause the server to hang.

We're good, I edited my post and added that it worked to 2nd time trying to connect. I'm about to createworld now and work from there. So it definitely was the client. Thanks for your help fcondon!

ty very much, just looking for the original renaissance .psd client files for the animated castle login screen.

i found a iso ver. on this sight however the link you sent is to a personal servers client not the same thing but thank you so much for trying to help.
i do not know if ill be able to extract what i need from the iso but ill give it a try.
Post automatically merged:

my bad, i did not understand what was going on there, that is exactly what i needed thank you very much, i thought that was a private servers client now i get it lol.

Last edited:
i had problem with datapath finally figured thanx to Voxpire that datpath for server is one file and the file used by razor/client is another file.. so you need 2 datapath files .. one for server one for client.. fixed right up after so many problems...

just downloaded new servuo from download button at top... lost my old one eventsink stuff to far ahead of the game for me so i got a new edition..
on creation of world new shame , new wrong , is ok but would a liked the fillable containers and castle blackthorne.. says need to generate spawners first and cant find the command i looked in [help.( the color of the letters in the journal are sure hard to read... perhaps on old tube screens it was clear as day but in a led world of vision(no bueno))
many new changes in this version servuo no currentexpansion.cs file or expansion.cfg
i wish there was a toggle for restock from acme supply company or restock from players(buy/sell)

Hello,

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, I am new to ServUO. I'd like to say first that it's great to see the activity here, I ran a server on RUNUO 15 years ago and I thought everything came to an end when that ended.

I am trying to start a ServUO server for my family to play, I have downloaded and installed UO Gold and went into the CONFIG files to update the datapath.cfg
When I compile, it says there are no accounts, do you wish to make an owner account? So I create one. It restarts and it asks me if I want to create an owner account again.(it just becomes a viscous cycle of restarting and making an owner account)

A Crash report is generated:
Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 7783.18055
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 2021-04-23 2:03:11 PM
Mobiles: 3
Items: 112
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Server.Multis.HouseTeleporterTile.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I've installed .NET Framwork 5
I've removed and reinstalled everything
I've tried UO Classic version and Mondain's Legacy

I really missing smashing the ground to dig up ore...hope someone can help.

Drak

Feel free to join us at uofelucca.com I am sure you and the family will love it

Back