So the one thing I miss about Outlands was the simplicity of gathering... They made it so you can just dbl click the tool then click yourself and as long as you were near something that can be harvested you would gather it.

I've been trying to figure out how they did it for months and this morning I think I've figured it out... They simply made it so the player mobile acts as a tile when clicked... it functions as a tree, a mountain, and water tile. I think... lol...

I'll be trying to make this happen on my shard and post it here if I figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Odds are they are just putting in some business when the harvest target is the user. Something to scan the nearby area for harvestable relevant to the tool, and bing bang.

Yeah you are probably correct. My theory is leading me no where I'm not sure that I fully understand the system... So I realize now that to do it the way I'm thinking I would need to associate all player mobiles with textures. Some how add a property to player mobiles to be a texture. Then add that texture to harvestable textures and there were go. Only problem is I'm not sure how harvest banks are created or decided so if I actually figure this out then I might be able to harvest on myself anywhere but I'm hoping that I need to be near within a bank that was previously generated by the server which would hopefully omit playermobiles when it's generating them.

Huh?

You just draw a square around the player, and look inside that square for what you want. You can check the tileID for mining or fishing, look for statics for LJ, or whatever you want.

I'm not really sure your bit about textures will do what you want, but maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Back