resized.jpg

Shards Of Minax Download

Special Features of the Shard
Written by the Witch Malidrex

Ah, dear traveler, you have ventured far and wide in many realms, but the shard of which I speak is not like any other. This, my dear, is a realm shaped by the confluence of powers and magics beyond comprehension, and it stands apart in its grandeur and challenges. Permit me, the Witch Malidrex, to unravel the tapestry of its

Shards of Minax New Features
1. The Foundation of UO: The Expanse: Before we delve into the intricacies of this shard, know that its very bones are crafted upon the foundation of UO: The Expanse (original work by Mogster and Raist). This is no ordinary shard, but one that has been meticulously modded, enhancing its very essence with layers upon layers of enchantments and modifications.

UO: The Expanse Repack

2. The Vendor Stones of Briton: Within the city walls of Briton, an ancient magic pulses. These are the Vendor Stones, rare and powerful artifacts that carry within them the ability to bestow upon you items of unique properties. Their wares are not for the faint-hearted or the light-pocketed. They demand MaxxiaScrolls, a currency as elusive as it is valuable. Remember, adventurer, the path to amassing these scrolls is through exploration and daring feats.

3. Creatures of Legend: The land is teeming with life, some familiar and some... not so much. Over a thousand new creatures roam these lands. From the deadliest monsters that lurk in the shadows to the most majestic animals waiting to be tamed, this shard offers challenges and companions for every kind of traveler.

4. The People of the Realm: The souls that inhabit this world are not mere shadows or illusions. They are entities with histories, desires, and tales of their own. Engage with hundreds of NPCs, each with intricate dialogue trees, waiting to share their stories, offer quests, or perhaps trade secrets.

5. Treasures Beyond Imagination: Every corner of this world hides secrets. Thousands of unique items, artifacts of power, and relics of ancient civilizations await discovery. Whether you are a collector, a trader, or a warrior, there is something for everyone.

6. The Uncharted Territories: And as if all these were not enough, the shard holds many more surprises, some delightful and some perilous. Magic portals, hidden realms, enchanted forests, and more. Every step you take might lead to a new discovery.

So, brave traveler, as you step into this realm, remember my words. This is not just another shard; it is a world with its own heartbeat, its own soul. It beckons you, not just as a player but as a savior. For in the shadows, Minax's influence grows, and only you can stem the tide.

Prepare yourself for an adventure like no other, for the Shards of Minax await you

Last edited:
The world is very chaotic, the moon gate and buildings appear randomly, I don't speak English well, I don't express myself very well
1700612524652.png1700612580236.png

Last edited:
can't find path c :
Hmmm sorry I wasn't able to reproduce this bug
The world is very chaotic, the moon gate and buildings appear randomly, I don't speak English well, I don't express myself very well
The random building only appear in Felucca, its Minax twisted world where she has haphazardly fused many realities togeather. The random moongates are a nod to older Ultima games. You can get everywhere on foot, the moongates are just a bonus if you find one. Though, there are a number of static moongates in special locations if you can find them.

Hello! Thanks for your work. I have the same issue that mykonos and i put the crash report:

C#:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.3, Build 8563.16992
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 30/11/2023 1:15:23
Mobiles: 67891
Items: 1034570
Exception:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: No se puede encontrar una parte de la ruta de acceso 'H:\Games\UO_TE\BME_Freeshard\Scripts\Customs\16. uo\output.txt'.
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
   en Server.Misc.StatusPage.OnTick()
   en Server.Timer.Slice() en z:\The Expanse\edu_Repack\Installer_Files\UO_TE_v2.2_bme_freeshard_(scripts)\Server\Timer.cs:línea 387
   en Server.Core.Main(String[] args) en z:\The Expanse\edu_Repack\Installer_Files\UO_TE_v2.2_bme_freeshard_(scripts)\Server\Main.cs:línea 538

Clients:
- Count: 0

Hope that helps! Seem that you forgot to delete references to some files that is out of the main directory

Hello! Thanks for your work. I have the same issue that mykonos and i put the crash report:
Thank you this is exactly what I needed! I traced the bug to a file in C:\Shards_Of_Minax\server_files\Scripts\Customs\16. uo\ Put this replacement in and it should work properly now. The server was crashing if you don't have an H drive

Attachments

• WebStatus.cs
    2.5 KB · Views: 15
tried making new account and even force making new account under admin and for some reason it disconnects the new account once i get to the name of the shard
1701961230277.png

tried making new account and even force making new account under admin and for some reason it disconnects the new account once i get to the name of the shard
View attachment 22663
sorry I have no idea why it's doing that, the crash happens at the character creation screen. maybe I should have just kept this thing to myself.....

Anyway you can do a work around until I figure out the problem:

1) Go into "Client_files" and launch the game using the old client with "Decrypted_client.exe"
2) Make a new character
3) Log into the admin account and save server
4) now you can log into your created character using the UO Classic client

hey! @Rutibex im intrigued by this. i wanted to experience the hard work you put in this. i havent been playing and working with servuo much these days since my wife past and really rusty. i appreciate what you. im gonna go try this. thank you for everything

edit* -- seems to be dealing with encryption vs decrypted launchers that the server doesnt like. i can see about a fix later

Last edited:
I'm not into the whole futuristic laser and weapons and computers in a game like Ultima otherwise this woud have been a great mod

I'm not into the whole futuristic laser and weapons and computers in a game like Ultima otherwise this woud have been a great mod
My dude this mod is based on classic ultima lore. Ultima 1 has hover cars, phasers, blasters, and an entire Xwing minigame. You know who Minax is? She is a time traveling sorceress from Ultima 2 who takes over Earth. In Ultima 2 you need to steal a spaceship from the Soviet Union so you can travel to the outer solar system. The antagonist of Ultima 3 is a MAINFRAME COMPUTER.

There are even robots in Ultima Online added in the Stygion Abyss expansion. You can go down and see the Exodus computer yourself, I didn't add that it was EA.
View attachment 22663
The newest version of ClassicUO client fixes this issue.

This generally is the mindset with folks that never played the Ultima games, and only went straight to Ultima Online. Yes, Ultima 1 had hover cars and space shuttles. Ultima 2 had similar elements since you traveled through time on Earth. Ultima 3 moved toward a traditional RPG aside from Exodus being a computer. Beginning with Ultima IV, it was traditional fantasy. There was a Kilrathi spaceship in a farmer field in Ultima VII though.

A spaceship from the soviet union, jesus lmao

Reactions: Elf
This generally is the mindset with folks that never played the Ultima games, and only went straight to Ultima Online. Yes, Ultima 1 had hover cars and space shuttles. Ultima 2 had similar elements since you traveled through time on Earth. Ultima 3 moved toward a traditional RPG aside from Exodus being a computer. Beginning with Ultima IV, it was traditional fantasy. There was a Kilrathi spaceship in a farmer field in Ultima VII though.
And also played Ultima Online only for the first few years. They brought the Sci-Fi back to UO because it was inspired by classic ultima games. Who can look a Cyber-Blackthorn and say this is a pure fantasy game
s-l1600.png

Reactions: Elf
And also played Ultima Online only for the first few years. They brought the Sci-Fi back to UO because it was inspired by classic ultima games. Who can look a Cyber-Blackthorn and say this is a pure fantasy game
True. That Exodus dungeon they introduced had quite the sci-fi themes in there. If you get a recent 2d client from Broadsword, and open it up in Fiddler, you see a bunch of new sci-fi things in there.

View attachment 22603View attachment 22604
The moongates spawning randomly are because on the XML Spawner the spawn range is set to 70, change it to 0 and it will appear on the spawner. i am also getting alot of the belled over of buildingss and cant figure it out unless its in the staidx files or something.

The moongates spawning randomly are because on the XML Spawner the spawn range is set to 70, change it to 0 and it will appear on the spawner. i am also getting alot of the belled over of buildingss and cant figure it out unless its in the staidx files or something.
The buildings are created with XML spawners just like the moongates

This is so cool. Star Wars Jedi Academy?! INDIANA JONES content? Yes, please! Having a blast so far. One question: Can I change the default colors for the client such as the backpack and paper doll colors back to the regular UO colors?

Last edited:
This is so cool. Star Wars Jedi Academy?! INDIANA JONES content? Yes, please! Having a blast so far. One question: Can I change the default colors for the client such as the backpack and paper doll colors back to the regular UO colors?
You can change it back but that would require a lot of work with a program called UoFiddler. Unfortunately you can't just use a normal client, there is a lot of custom art and custom hues that would not show up if you used just a normal client with default art. You would have to replace the GUMP art manually if you want to keep the custom hues and art.

Rutibex: I am one of the original creators of the Expanse shard and much of the content. Please try to give accreditation. Both Raist and myself put many years into creating the client.

I love your work thank you! Of course I did give credit in the OP, its the first listed feature. Raist helped me learn how to mod everything, and there is a link to Shards of Minax in the UO The Expanse Discord. I try to promote UO The Expanse as much as possible whenever I see someone new to RunUO and wanting to learn how to start their own shard!

I'm aware that he has been assisting you. However, since The Expanse has broadly been scrubbed from ServUO, (For reasons unknown) when others compliment on the core content created by myself and Tass, you really should clarify this.

I was the lead developer and there's nothing to show for it here, now.

I'm aware that he has been assisting you. However, since The Expanse has broadly been scrubbed from ServUO, (For reasons unknown) when others compliment on the core content created by myself and Tass, you really should clarify this.

I was the lead developer and there's nothing to show for it here, now.
I'm sorry that is fair. I don't know why The Expanse was scrubbed from ServUO, that seems really odd to me its a great resource. I added your names and a link to The Expanse website to the OP.

I also wanted to say thank you again! You are an XML master, all of your quests are great examples for me to learn from to make my own content.

Today I am releasing a massive update for Shards of Minax!

Shards of Minax V1.03

Version 0.3 Change log
New Features:

-Created a randomized monster system with hundreds of special powers and abilities. Powerful boss monsters have unique names, hues, and combinations of abilities. Each of these new monsters are also tamable! With this system there are now millions of new monsters to find and collect!

-Complete rebalance of every dungeon and monster spawn point. The world has been divided up into 4 tiers of difficulty: Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and SuperHell. In Trammel the monsters are normal. In Felucca the monsters are of nightmare difficulty. In Ilshenar, Malas, and Tokuno the difficulty is Hell. Finally in Tur Mer and The Abyss the monster are SuperHell tier.

-Complete rebalance of every loot system! Loot from monsters drops, dungeons chests, and treasure maps is now MUCH more interesting. All of the modded items in the game can now be found using these systems

-Major enhancement to the Camping Skill! You can now buy or craft a "Campers Backpack" which gives you access to a number of special items just for people who specialize in the camping skill.

-Taste Identification skill has been replaced with Plant Lore. The Plant and Animal Lore skills are used to determine your ability to cast spells from the Druid Spellbook.

-A full farming system has been added! You can now plant crops of any type, fruit trees, and raise animals. There is also a Cheese Agining Barrel to make fancy cheeses.

-Many new NPCs have been added to Briton Castle, including two different item gamblers!

Balance Changes:
-Skill cap has been set to 700, reduced from Unlimited. You can now buy Skillcap orbs for 5 Maxxia scrolls to increase your skill cap by one. There is no limit to the number of orbs you can use.

Last edited:
Back