I have a kindly request to look at the durability drops on shields. From what I can see in the basearmor there are code to determine the speed of the decrease in durability of the armor, but in the baseshield I have not noticed a similar one (unless there is a record of the connection between shield durability and armor somewhere else).

Anyway, this topic results from my observations, when a character training, for example, a parry, surrounded by 3-4 birds, wearing only shields, loses up to 2 durability points every second.
Post automatically merged:

I should also note that the tested character had over 95 parry points at the time of tests.
Post automatically merged:

In the basearmor file there is a line specifying the chances of a 25/100 drop in durability for regular inventory and 80 /
100 for Antuqie.

If we adopt such a ratio, then each additional opponent in close contact with the player is de facto an additional durability / blow test. On spawns where there are a lot of opponents, we will get a rollover of lost test, which may be responsible for the observed, quick drops on the shield.

I don't know if we should consider a hard timer between loses or decrease loses chance in this situation. For a player training parry on 3 birds literally in front of my eyes, the durability of a shield with 55 points dropped to 0. Effective parry training with several opponents requires a pile of shields. One person bought all of them in Zento.

He is already afraid of what a challenge the champion spawn will be.

Last edited:
I share your words, but - indeed - I saw with my own eyes a player holding only a shield and fighting three birds, in less than a minute, lost the useful (current) durability of the shield from 55 points to 0, and then just as quickly lost main (max) durability. I know that he was only wearing this shield (which was a result of quick losses on other parts and almost losing a set received as a gift from another player). But it seems to me that even if we assumed the thesis that the shield effect had nothing to spread (the player had no other armor elements), this loss from what I remember from OSI (I had a tank there) is at least 3 times too fast.

I failed to - unfortunately - find any credible source for describing the proportion of chance of loss durability at EA. But I did not notice - playing my warrior (using the heater shield and chaos) - such a sharp increase in durability losses when I was fighting several opponents at once - for example with melee orcs. Yes - as you rightly wrote - losses took place, and the pairing training always devoured the shields or armours, but they didn't fall apart in a minute or two.

Either the loss parameter used on the EA is a percentage lower, or - which cannot be ruled out - somehow, code-wise - the chance of the maximum accumulation of losses when fighting with many opponents at the same time has been limited.

If I can find something on the web, I will let you know.
So far, I noticed that several people raised this issue for the first time at a similar time - on our shard and here - (vide topic : https://www.servuo.com/threads/dura...s-for-new-5-02-2020-pub-is-really-high.12649/ ), although we have already been running the current server for several years and information about such sharp drops was not given to us before.

shields in respect to durability loss hasn't been touched in a long time. We will need some side by side comparisons with EA even before we would even consider this a bug.

Back