1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipwreck Addon 2014-01-08

Shipwreck

1. Zero

Zero New Member

Vividan submitted a new resource:

Shipwreck Addon - Shipwreck

Read more about this resource...

2. Milva

Admin Moderator

Awesome now I can see why that would be a HUGE pain to put together :)
    I went ahead and set full image- once you upload your SS next to it you will see Full Image just click on that :)

3. Zero

Zero New Member

Hah Yeah I hadn't wanted to set the full image because it was such a large one! haha it is k I will edit the post to rearrange! Thank you though!

4. Zero

Zero New Member

Also, yeah 75+ pieces to place just right WAS a pain...a HUGE one xD.

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  5. Hank

Hank Active Member

OH my gosh Thank you so much! I was dreading having to piece this sucker together. You saved me a bunch of time!
    edit: This should be included in the distro files in my opinion.
    I believe the seaweed is actually just the morning glories static

6. Zero

Zero New Member

You are correct sir, simple morning glories heh. I left them out so other people could have fun when placing with the seaweed layout out .

7. jase giffin

jase giffin Active Member

8. aarony14

aarony14 New Member

Thanks I will be using this as soon as I can

9. Macil

Macil Member

Not to sound ungrateful... But do you have this in the opposite direction by chance? I only ever got half the ship assembled and gave up because I couldn't figure out where all the slivers went. :-/

Also, for better effect. Anyone who uses this, I advise you change the weight of each piece's graphics property in TileData to 255. Then you wont get the highlight effect when you hover your mouse over each piece. =)

as30.postimg.org_hprruxhwh_ship.jpg

#9 Macil, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. zerodowned

Moderator ServUO Developer

I've wondered about that for a long time, never knew it was something we could change.

11. Macil

Macil Member

Yeah. For anyone who isn't 100% sure how to do this, here's a picture of how I do it using UOFiddler with a ladder for example, because by default I believe ladders can highlight on hover as well - which I never understood heh.

as30.postimg.org_cz8zey90x_tiledata.jpg

12. zerodowned

Moderator ServUO Developer

oh, so if we change it there, we'd have to distribute the new tiledata file?
    but there is a tiledate file server side, is it just reading info from tiledata and unable to change it?

13. Zero

Zero New Member

I will update the pack to come with both directions and fix the highlight issue as soon as I can. I am in the middle of a task that has a very short deadline so all of my effort is going to that for the moment.

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 2
  14. Macil

Macil Member

Unfortunately you will have to distribute the TileData to your players, however it is a relatively small file so it shouldn't be too big of an issue. I'm not sure about your's, but mine is only 3.1 MB. The TileData you'd need to modify and distribute would be in the client folder (Not sure what the legalities are on that but last time I checked I don't think anyone is going to prison over hosting UO servers heh).

An no rush on the alternate direction of the shipwreck. I know this release isn't relatively new or anything. I was toying with the new galleons and thinking how neat it'd be to tie this addon into with how the new ships sink - once that gets implemented. =)