Hey,

I'm looking for a script which would allow players to show their backpacks to other players.
Would work like this:

- player X uses .showbackpack command
- player X targets player Y
- player Y sees the inventory of player X but cannot take, move or use anything inside it

My need for this command is purely for RPG purpose and I'm not skilled enought to create it myself.
I actually remember seeing it somewhere, but can't find it now.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit: I'm using ServUO

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea, so I wrote it up for the both of us. This includes a command ShowBackpack and another one ShowBag for showing deeper bags within your main backpack.

Attachments

• ShowBackpack.zip
    1 KB · Views: 28
ShowBackpack works great, and is a great idea, thanks. But I can't get ShowBag to actually show a bag. It does ask which container, to target the person to show to, and it tells you it did it. Mine just doesn't actually do it.

I noticed that too. It’s something with the client where you have to show them your base backpack first and then you can show them the first layer of bags and then once that is open you could show them a deeper layer. But you can’t just show them a bag Nestor three layers deep because the client won’t show it.

There’s probably a better way to do it by first targeting the deepest bag that you want to show the other person and then recursively checking for all of the parent bags until you get to the main backpack and then open up the main backpack and then the next bag and next bag and final bag in order so that the client can handle actually opening each bag in order so it works. And then there might be a way to close those first couple that you did not target. Basically there’s a limitation in the client.

Back