Yes yet another noob question...hey but you love it :) But I simply don't get what's going on here. I downloaded the XML spawner file and then I even went to the readme.txt and can't even get past step 1.. so step 1 is this:
STEP 1:
With a fresh 2.0 install, simply unzip the contents of the three required packages into your custom scripts directory.

The xmlspawner2-20-vxxx-1of3.zip file is a necessary part of the installation.
The xmlspawner2-20-vxxx-2of3.zip file is a necessary part of the installation.
The xmlspawner2-20-vxxx-3of3.zip file is a necessary part of the installation.

I don't even see these zip files anywhere so I guess my real question is where do I get these zip files and the rest of them to get XML spawner up and running?

Are you using newest version of ServUO? Or are you not using servuo?

XML Spawner comes stock with ServUO so no need for this download!

Are you using newest version of ServUO? Or are you not using servuo?

XML Spawner comes stock with ServUO so no need for this download!
I do have ServUO, and someone did just point out that it comes with XML Spawner. I am just a GM on a server so that's why I'm looking to use XML spawner by itself.

So I found out the server isn't running ServUO it's running RunUO, is there a way to put XML spawner into RunUo?

So I found out the server isn't running ServUO it's running RunUO, is there a way to put XML spawner into RunUo?

If you have access to your shard's files, you would still need to restart the Server to implement any new code, and then adding a major system like XmlSpawner might have unintended consequences. It would be difficult for us to help you merge XmlSpawner into RunUO since we do not support the RunUO base as such. I would suggest 3 possible routes:

1. Have your shard Owner consider abandoning RunUO, and install a fresh ServUO (which includes XmlSpawner) then add back in their custom scripts.

2. Have your shard Owner open a support request on RunUO (which still has a few active members) if they still want to use the RunUO code.

3. Grab the XmlSpawner folder from a fresh copy of ServUO, and just copy it over to your RunUO Scripts folder. This is perhaps the easiest route, but the one that might provide the most compatibility issues.

If you have access to your shard's files, you would still need to restart the Server to implement any new code, and then adding a major system like XmlSpawner might have unintended consequences. It would be difficult for us to help you merge XmlSpawner into RunUO since we do not support the RunUO base as such. I would suggest 3 possible routes:

1. Have your shard Owner consider abandoning RunUO, and install a fresh ServUO (which includes XmlSpawner) then add back in their custom scripts.

2. Have your shard Owner open a support request on RunUO (which still has a few active members) if they still want to use the RunUO code.

3. Grab the XmlSpawner folder from a fresh copy of ServUO, and just copy it over to your RunUO Scripts folder. This is perhaps the easiest route, but the one that might provide the most compatibility issues.
I'm getting by without using XmlSpawner, the premium spawner isn't too bad. I already talked to the shard owner and he doesn't want to lose any data by switching wich is understable. But the other project I will be working on uses ServUO so by doing things the hard way with RunUO is a good experience.

Back