Ya, i know about uoodyssey (great and fun core btw). But i dont mean about that core, i mean about a PRE-AOS core with bots it do various human functions, PVM, PVP, Tranding, housing, buy and sell on vendors, etc etc....

I know sounds crazy, but if WOW privates servers can do it now, i guess is possible do it on UO shards (srry if i talking BS)

Why i wanna that? Cause no shards online is 100% functional for what i and some of my friends looking for.

Srry for my bad english, Ty for attetion guys =)

I'm not sure if a system exists to let mobiles act on their own like that, PVM is normal but that's also coded into the server.

I'm not sure if a system exists to let mobiles act on their own like that, PVM is normal but that's also coded into the server.
Got it. Im looking for a script to make some bots it place vendor, buy itens, sell itens, kill mobs, etc. I know is something hard, but who knows xD

If this is possible, will be nice for me =D

Very doable. I do have a suggestion though:

Don't think of the simulated players as "bots". Programming an AI to locate a housing plot and place house, then deco it, then place a vendor is a monumentally tedious task. Instead, think of them as clever NPCs. You could make a "pvm warrior" mobile that checks the city it spawns in, then moves to an overland area nearby or teleports to a dungeon (you can even make it look like it's recalling), and starts killing hostile mobiles (you can even make it "loot" easy enough). Using some datetime settings, you could even randomize the mobiles tasks and change them based on night/day. All. Doable.

One thing I've done that helps the world feel less static is built a "citizen" mobile that spawns in cities, and talks to other citizens. They have short 1-3 sentence conversations, that are often meaningless platitudes. Sometimes they talk about a world event, but that's getting a bit more into the weeds of my simulation. When I'm just idling, it's nice to see the town move around and the people talk to each other. You can put in emotes and other idles as well.

This is one of the citizen mobiles engaging with a different kind of mobile. The citizen controls the conversation methods, so they can talk to vendors/questors/etc.
citizentest.gif

Very doable. I do have a suggestion though:

Don't think of the simulated players as "bots". Programming an AI to locate a housing plot and place house, then deco it, then place a vendor is a monumentally tedious task. Instead, think of them as clever NPCs. You could make a "pvm warrior" mobile that checks the city it spawns in, then moves to an overland area nearby or teleports to a dungeon (you can even make it look like it's recalling), and starts killing hostile mobiles (you can even make it "loot" easy enough). Using some datetime settings, you could even randomize the mobiles tasks and change them based on night/day. All. Doable.

One thing I've done that helps the world feel less static is built a "citizen" mobile that spawns in cities, and talks to other citizens. They have short 1-3 sentence conversations, that are often meaningless platitudes. Sometimes they talk about a world event, but that's getting a bit more into the weeds of my simulation. When I'm just idling, it's nice to see the town move around and the people talk to each other. You can put in emotes and other idles as well.

This is one of the citizen mobiles engaging with a different kind of mobile. The citizen controls the conversation methods, so they can talk to vendors/questors/etc.
View attachment 18950
Sounds sweet =D. What emulator r u using for this AI? Can you share?

Serv, pulled years ago and updated a few necessities by hand. Closest would be the 57 branch of the current core, since I'm not looking for retail content. The AI is all built by me, and unfortunately I cannot. The system is deeply integrated into my shard, few things in a simulation are modular.

The talking NPCs are actually trivial to make. The mobile simply looks around every few minutes, finds a non-player using certain bodyvalues within LOS and a town region, checks to make sure it's not a pet or something, and then they run through a series of if/then switch statements to build the conversation. Which is not hard to program, writing all the clever dialog? That's the real challenge for these kinds of systems.

@Anon the Felon that's awesome stuff. It gave me an idea; we already have story-based and dialog-driven quest systems - what if there was an AI capable of interacting with quest givers and following the objectives? Instead of gumps, the dialog could be said out loud. It could also double up as a kind of tutorial, because players could watch the AI doing the quests :O

Having them spout the quest strings would be easy, mobile interacts with questor and just fetches all the info off of them right? Problem becomes them achieving objectives. Off the top of my head, you'd have to nest a location in the quest for your AI to read and then teleport to so they could find the objectives. Would probably be easy to do with any slayobjective.

What if you just spoofed it to give the world some texture. Your "passive warrior" mobile finds mondainquestor, fetches quest info, the two mobiles have a dialog controlled by the passive, then passive teleports to a world location and kills some monsters for a while, then after 30 minutes teleports back to the questor and they have a conversation about finishing it. The passive certainly didn't actually kill 5 dragons, but they were in Destard or Fire Island for a while...

I like the idea though. I have something similar where NPCs start "supply expeditions" from various ports guiding a pack horse to a town. If they get there, a global reward happens, if they don't, a player can retrieve the item off the packy and turn it in for a minor reward. They're fun to stumble across as you just kind of follow the mobiles and defend them. I would display this feature, but the gif is huge since it's constantly moving and I don't want to drum up a webm.

i play a shard thats setup to emulate single player experience, and its got a ready to go download for the server with client as well

npc blues and reds spawn to emulate gang squads, towns have npcs standing around talking that give hints to secret quests, player vendors get there items bought if there fairly priced etc

its based on oddessey so its got alot of single player focused custom content, theres an online server we run as well thats low pop so it feels like a single player experience and has no non consensual pvp or griefing so you can relax without worrying :)

if it interests you look for ultima adventures

Back