If one plans to create a server from a different era, say AoS, is it beneficial to use a client version from that era? I know that you can edit the Expansion script, though I'm not entirely sure what that does. I see people recommend the latest official client, I'm assuming that's because most servers have all the latest content. Anywho, just wondering if it's best to use a client from the era you want to model your sever after, instead of using the latest client and then spending time hiding, deleting and not spawning all the new stuff.

Also, if you do plan to create a server from a different era, are you manually spawning the world piece by piece as to not spawn newer content?

Just wondering how that whole thing works. Thanks much for taking the time.

Imo its best to either go with the newest client or the last one that used mul files if you are having troubles with uop files.

The newer clients tend to be more stable afterall

There are some expansion checks in the server wich give it an somewhat accurate emulation of every expansion you can set.

If you use the client made from the era you wish to mimic you get the best experience. But some old clients like UOR is not supported anymore by ServUO.

Ok lets try to explain this. The Expansion checks are simple. They will look like this:
Code:
if (Core.ML)
{
}
That way all the code inside this bracket will run in the server only if the Expansion is higher or equal to ML.

PS: Visual Studio is an IDE

Back