Hey everyone I know the title probably didn't make any sense at all but here we go...

So, I need to apply the updates that ServUO fix, but I have no idea how to do that? Do I need to replace files or use GitHub? Anyone out there have a Tutorial? lol

Thanks in advance, learning as I go!

git pull is prob what you want.

Our alternative approach has become git fetch; git reset --hard origin/master as part of our workflow. It blows away local changes, keeps you up to date with master BUT makes sure you don't just pull in new changes on top on current changes and make a mess. We've used it for a while and it basically feels a lot safer in practice. Just be sure to add/commit/stash any work-in-progress first ! –

Oh man I need to do some reading lol....I understood about 3/4th of that. Does ServUO have a tutorial on this perhaps?

I would suggest using something like Source Tree or Tortoise GIT. It allows you to do everything using an UI. This way you don't need to remember all the commands and it visualizes all of the branches and pushes. You also have the ability to just selected the desired files instead of having to navigate to each one individually using the command line.

yeah the guide Cmileto sent me worked wonders I am using Github now and pulling updates every friday. Thanks again!

Back