How do I shut this Non-OSI system off?

Comment out line 2030 in BaseArmor.cs and comment out line 4445 in BaseWeapon.cs
To make something a comment just put // at the beginning of the line.

//XmlSockets.ConfigureRandom(this, 2.0, 0.1, 0.5, 3.0, 15.0, 50.0);

That should be off by default. Im sending a pull request for a one location setting to turn off the non-osi xml stuff. Thanks for reporting it.

That should be off by default. Im sending a pull request for a one location setting to turn off the non-osi xml stuff. Thanks for reporting it.
Not to hijack this post or anything, but at one point this was mentioned awhile back, but I think it was pushed aside because everyone was still trying to figure out what to include in the repo and what not to, as far as non-OSI addons goes.

tass, the current development team is in agreement that we only want to provide an OSI clone in the ServUO distribution package. Addon systems that are non-OSI should be released as a resource on the site.

Not to hijack this post or anything, but at one point this was mentioned awhile back, but I think it was pushed aside because everyone was still trying to figure out what to include in the repo and what not to, as far as non-OSI addons goes.
By the way, Hi Tass :]

I might keep the socket thing in IF I had a basic rundown of how it works and how to implement it onto the server.
I see the folder with the resources and boxes(stuff) but I looked all over and didnt find directions.
Like, what exactly this does, how it works, this is what you need to set up, this is what players do, etc.
I think that would be great if there were instructions for us OLD people :p

Thanks, Tass!

Shazzy

By the way, Hi Tass :]

I might keep the socket thing in IF I had a basic rundown of how it works and how to implement it onto the server.
I see the folder with the resources and boxes(stuff) but I looked all over and didnt find directions.
Like, what exactly this does, how it works, this is what you need to set up, this is what players do, etc.
I think that would be great if there were instructions for us OLD people :p

Thanks, Tass!

Shazzy
A long time ago, Arte released this system to augment XmlAttachments for items like; weapons, armor, clothing, and jewelry. To my knowledge the system is already set up to be used, you just need to add the XmlSocket attachment to an item and you should see it. Think of Diablo II where you could add gems to items to increase their stats, similar concept. Sockets on items allow some enhancement to be added to improve stats.

Back