So I'm having a bit of trouble finding the cause of this issue. Some types of creatures are showing up as just hued versions of other types.

i.e. "orcish bomber" shows up as a crimson orc (see picture)

ai.imgur.com_FwVFVIo.png

I have my server recognising my client version and a copy of my client files in C:\Server. The body types are correct, and the hue is set to 0. Anyone know the cause?

PS Ignore the orc at the bottom, that's a paragon and he's supposed to look like that :)

Check for the bodytype in the Body.def file in your client files. It might be that it's being overridden for some reason.

Looks like 182 is being diverted to 17 with a hue of 1645 which is exactly what's happening here.

How do I go about getting the 3d rendered one?

A lot of times if you just comment out that line it should revert back to the proper (original) bodytype. That is, as long as the original bodytype for that slot is the animation you're after.

Have you messed with UOFiddler at all yet? You can check the animations with it very easily.

Thanks for the help so far!

I checked with UOFiddler and yes, the exact animation I want is on 182. However, when I uncomment the line with 182 on it (in both the client file and the server files), the sprite disappears completely and I'm left with an invisible mob that only shows up as entries in my journal.

Could I ask what era or patch number your using? The orc bomber on servuo looks different with the 182 bodyvalue
orc1.JPG orc2.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like this is a much more complicated issue than first realised.

It's all to do with the expansion that's set in ExpansionInfo.cs. Anything before (but not including) LBR will have the old style bodies. If you set the expansion to LBR or above, then it's all good.

I tried to find the cause of this - specifically for body types. If I could just change the code for how the body is displayed within the Server Core, I can change one line and not have any of the other features of LBR. I couldn't find it. I may come back to it at a later point, but right now it looks like LBR just gives different loot tables and moongate options and UOTD doesn't really change too much as far as ingame stuff goes.

So yeah, not a full answer like I had hoped, but if I do ever find one, I'll come back to this thread so people googling from the future can get some closure :)

Back