So I have a private server going for just me and a few friends.

I'm trying to make it dark! I dunno what I'm doing wrong. I unclicked the "light levels" filter on razor. I've been using pandora's box to decrease the light levels. In pandora I set light level to -100 and it barely made anything dark. I've clicked the "YOU" button and the "ALL" button and it doesn't seem to be working. Is it because of the area I'm in? I'm lost.

Also I have tried to make one of my friends accounts access levels to "owner" and that doesn't seem to be working either. Right now I have the server localized to my computer only. No public access. Could that be the case? I'm just one lost noobie trying to figure this stuff out. LOL

Any help would be much appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

Update I just figured out what I was doing wrong about making them an Owner.

Still dunno what im doing wrong about the light levels though

Well the article explained that when I travel it resets the light level but then it seems bugged.

Ex. I manually change my chars light level to 100(bright? right?). I teleport to destard (just for a place that is dark when I enter it). It stays 100 and the dungeon is bright as if I had the filter for light levels on in razor or had casted night sight on myself. While in the dungeon I set the light level to 0 (w/ darker nights) makes the place almost unable to be seen. I then teleport back to green acres and everything becomes bright again. I understand now from the above article that traveling can reset the light level. Here is where I am having a problem though. Once I travel back to green acres from destard and the dark goes back to bright, I can no longer set my char's light level to anything but the brightest level. When I set light levels to 0 or 100 or any number for that matter its all the same brightness.

I don't have filters on in razor and do have darker nights on. I just want to get it consistent where I can switch between light to dark whenever I want. This is all on a test server no one else is connected to it.

I've been able to get the light/dark to work when setting the levels but it has been hit and miss. I dunno if its user error (most likely) or something bugged with my server or pandora's box. I'm lost lol thanks for any help.

Back