Previously I was running RunUO 2.3 with Nerun's distro but their sketchy Mondain's Legacy functionality and lack of Stygian Abyss support - at least as I saw it, could have been doing something wrong - led me to look elsewhere.

That sent me from RunUO to OrbUO to ForkUO to here, which I think is the most up-to-date/a continuation of those projects. If I'm wrong let me know.

My main question really is how I go about generating the world? I only really have experience with PremiumSpawner and even that was just basic, I'm looking into XMLSpawner right now. I notice that ServUO seems to have both though.

Is there a certain order I should do things in regarding placing decorations, NPCs and mobs?
Do I need to use both PremiumSpawner and XMLSpawner?

Finally should I use the XML files provide? AccurateSpawn.xml? or attempt to combine the two removing duplicates? The only reason I'm looking at AccurateSpawn.xml is that it seems to have spawn information that the default included files don't.

[XmlLoad trammel
[XmlLoad felucca
[XmlLoad malas
[XmlLoad termur
[XmlLoad tokuno
[XmlLoad ilshenar

this will spawn the world with the xml system thats already in servuo hope this helps :)

Not sure how up to date the included xml files are but back in Dec 2012 I converted all of neruns spawns to the included xml files http://craftuo.com/threads/revision-17.81/. I haven't looked but neruns probably added or changed some spawns since. Xml spawner has an import command that works with nerun map files which is how I imported and exported them back then. Don't recall the command off hand though.

Previously I was running RunUO 2.3 with Nerun's distro but their sketchy Mondain's Legacy functionality and lack of Stygian Abyss support - at least as I saw it, could have been doing something wrong - led me to look elsewhere.

That sent me from RunUO to OrbUO to ForkUO to here, which I think is the most up-to-date/a continuation of those projects. If I'm wrong let me know.

My main question really is how I go about generating the world? I only really have experience with PremiumSpawner and even that was just basic, I'm looking into XMLSpawner right now. I notice that ServUO seems to have both though.

Is there a certain order I should do things in regarding placing decorations, NPCs and mobs?
Do I need to use both PremiumSpawner and XMLSpawner?

Finally should I use the XML files provide? AccurateSpawn.xml? or attempt to combine the two removing duplicates? The only reason I'm looking at AccurateSpawn.xml is that it seems to have spawn information that the default included files don't.

[createworld
[xmlload AccurateSpawn.xml

Accurate Spawn is not 100% accurate but its closer than the one that current is default in ServUO. If I can ever get the BOD revamp done I will release an updated AccurateSpawn.xml :p

Back