Hello Community!

Today i were looking for a way how to resolve a few things. Before i went here to ask my questions i already used google in context of Runuo in order to find a solution.

The last days i were writing my own Bodsystem wich works good so far and allows our players to gather Runics for Tinkering \Masonry and the other official Runics(even thought, masonry is on EA as well...)

Now i occured following issues :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If the respective Crafter owns Arms Lore the Boost by Valorite Runic goes like dynamite. One of the TestItems had following properties :
8 LMC, 20 LRC , 9 Manainc, 2 Manaregen, 14 Reflect , 8 Stamina, Resist Phys 9, Resist Fire 17, Resist Cold 5, Resist Poison 33, Tesist Energy 5.
I´m looking for a way to tweak the bonus of arms lore corrosponding to runic craft. This also happens on any other Armor in our Runic-System

- Tinker runics
As they are written now due the normal Craftsystem weapons like Cleaver and Hatchets works properly. Once a User want to craft Jewelry ( Rings\Earrings) there are no propertys affected. I´m looking for a way to change this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I´m not sure if my problems are easy to solve or require some deeper changes. I were analysing some code around the craftsystem + resourceinfo so far but didnt found a solution yet to interact.

Any Ideas?

--- Crome

hmm..not sure i am understanding your question.. are you saying you want to make runic tools craftable through tinkering... or are you saying tinkering items dont seem to be getting the similar stats when crafting them with runic tools?

http://www.uoguide.com/Arms_Lore

You can find Arms Lore code in BaseWeapon.cs && BaseArmor.cs

Currently there is nothing for arms lore effecting runic outcome, you'd have to add that from scratch. There is runic information in the crafting areas of BaseWeapon.cs && BaseArmor.cs. You may also have to take a look at baserunictools.cs.

I´m sorry, seems my english is not good as i thought. And iam also surprised that i finally got a reply :)

Let me try to explain it :

- First of i noticed that Armor have an abnormality of attributes. I looked into Baserunic and craftdefinitions but didnt found anything, so i posted here.
After a few Hours research, debug and test i noticed all that calculations are based of the implementation in basearmor. To make it short : Basearmor double calls the method to add attributes based by runic. This means that every runic gives on top the double amount of properties. After a few weeks i accidently found a post here where this were already claimed, but seems never went to servuo source officially.

The second part : Our shard want to allow tinker runics.So players should be able to craft rings and braces. After researching the property issue above i noticed i have to implement such code to basejewel. cs.

Anyways, thank you for your replies!

@demented : The Socket system is overpowered in my eyes. I know this system since 2005 when i played as player on a freeshard, and it adds much more efforts, giving a fair balance further on as it gives enjoyment for the gameplay.

Tinkering runics, I can see this going two ways: (I'd go with option 2)
1. Create custom tools with a custom def file and start from scratch adding what you want to it.
2. Add to BaseJewel.cs to check oncraft for runictool like baseweapon sort of. There are a couple Runuo threads about this. [example1]
[some more links]

Here is a list of properties that only apply to armor/jewelry/shields/spellbooks/weapons: http://www.uoguide.com/Item_Properties

found a post here where this were already claimed, but seems never went to servuo source officially.
Sorry to be semi off-topic If this truly is the case would you be willing to post a thread in the bug report section and post the code from basearmor? or at the least bump the thread if it is still an unconfirmed bug.

Hello Hank,

Thank you for your samples. As old uo-veteran i know wich properties should be on loot but its awesome that you picked me up those samples.

i reported it on GIT longer ago,didnt knowed i have to double post on our forums :
Posted on GIT

and Here is the corrosponding Post.

Last edited:
Back