I have an idea for a crafting resource but don't have the tech experience to put it together.

soul Crystals!
here you have a crystal that has a property of lets call it "Soul Points of 50000 when full" and you use the crystal to target a mob before you attack it so can not have any damage done to it. (could have it send a success message "you have successfully soul trapped the creature." and a fail message of "Your Spell was not effective") that would set the (5%) of the mobs Mana, Hits, Intel, or what ever skill or stat to be used as "Soul Points" once full then can be used for crafting or spell crafting, enchanting or what ever

The Mob or Basecreature.
for added visual in base creature (least this is where i believe it would have to go) have a mod that when the creature dies and checks to see if a Soul Crystal has been used. then shoots a fireball or other animation at the player hued a purple color. to simulate the soul leaving the creature and being absorbed by the crystal in the players pack.

Like Skyrim ;)

well kinda but not so that one mob fills one crystal want to have it so like "Soul Points" so that there would be a set number say 50000 and so would only take 5% of a mobs skill or stat so smaller mobs would take a whole lot and larger mobs not as many to fill it but basic skyrim concept

Not too hard.

1. Create the item. Give it a property to store the points.
2. Double click method to target a creature (can look at Honor to see how to tell if the creature is damaged on target).
3. Have the item do an animation from the target to the player. Done in the targeting method of the item, not the BaseCreature.
4. Increase the property on the item.
5. Implement it into the crafting system as a resource.

Pretty easy, hardest part will be deciding how much "soul" you trap from different creatures, maybe a percentage of their fame?

Pretty neat idea.

I put this out there because I am no scripter I'ma script editor and not very good at that either. but was hoping someone could script this.
I was thinking like 5% of something just wasn't sure what

@lordzues40

Here is a start for you. It works, you will need to decide how to tweak it and add it into the craft system.

Attachments

• SoulCrystal.cs
    4.2 KB · Views: 16
I could have never came up with it. can it be set to not kill or delete the mobile? Would like it to "tag" the mobile then you have to kill it then the animation/sound and points and how about a fireball from the creature to the player as if it were shot that way don't know if this is possible?

Any one wanting to help an chime in

Anything is possible, just not always in an hour, lol.

I try to avoid edits to distro files but what you are wanting is probably going to require it. That is, unless you are using xmlspawner with xmlattachments?

would be be easyer to add a property to BaseCreature SoulPoints and have the crystle set that variable based on the fame / 100 then just have to kill it and OnDeath give checks to see if there is soulpoints and if PlayerMoble that set it is present then addes the soulpoints to playermobles crystal. and animation and sound.

would be be easyer to add a property to BaseCreature SoulPoints and have the crystle set that variable based on the fame / 100 then just have to kill it and OnDeath give checks to see if there is soulpoints and if PlayerMoble that set it is present then addes the soulpoints to playermobles crystal. and animation and sound.
was just thinking that that would be the best way to have it so points, animation, and sound all happen just after death. but i could be wrong.

was just thinking that that would be the best way to have it so points, animation, and sound all happen just after death. but i could be wrong.

You are 100% correct but like I said, I don't like to modify distro files if I can avoid it. If I get some time I can show you the necessary edits to BaseCreature. Plus if you have attachments you can avoid serialization of BaseCreature.

im no stranger to modding the Basescripts my BaseArmor, Baseweapon, BaseClothing, and BaseJewel are heavily modified. prolly would be easier for me if you could just put the line like IDK public void what ever this like says then the addition under it what i would be adding. I am assuming when you say serialization you mean the write and read sections. that's the only way i have ever edited the base files so i don't mind doing that either. just up the version number in the write section and do a if ( version > "previous #" ) "then the added property();

example of my base armor read section

Code:
if (version > 1) b_IsWarArmor = reader.ReadBool();
            if (version > 0) b_IsTop10 = reader.ReadBool();

m_PeaceID = reader.ReadInt();
            if (version > 2) m_PeaceHue = reader.ReadInt();
            if (version > 2) m_PeaceName = reader.ReadString();
            m_WarID = reader.ReadInt();
            if (version > 2) m_WarHue = reader.ReadInt();
            if (version > 2) m_WarName = reader.ReadString();     

m_ItemExperience = reader.ReadInt();
                        m_ItemLevel = reader.ReadInt();
                        m_BonusesAdded = reader.ReadInt();
                        m_IsDoni = reader.ReadBool();
                        if (reader.ReadBool()) m_DoniOwner = reader.ReadMobile();
                        m_IsGuildDoni = reader.ReadBool();
                        m_DoniGuild = reader.ReadString();
                        m_SkillChanged = reader.ReadBool();
                        m_ArtifactRarity = reader.ReadInt();
the peace/war id, name, hue, is a pretty cool system gives you the ability to have one itemid, name, and hue for peace mode and a different itemid, name, and hue for war mode.

i am also currently trying to get another system to work right with in base armor the code I got from the creator was incomplete so having to seen help to figure it out. have another thread for it
http://www.servuo.com/threads/armor-help.1964/ is the link for it. Just in case you wanted to take a look.

dont mean to be a thorn just wondered if you have had time with this. I tried and failed miserably. didn't even save a copy of my edits they were way off. lol

You are 100% correct but like I said, I don't like to modify distro files if I can avoid it. If I get some time I can show you the necessary edits to BaseCreature. Plus if you have attachments you can avoid serialization of BaseCreature.

Don't mean to be a bother but have you had any time to show me how to edit my base creater for the soul crystals

it would be better to use an xmlattachment as RavenWolfe mentioned, I assume it's the same thing that Evo Weapons and Armor use to be completely "plug and play"

by using void OnKill(Mobile killed, Mobile killer);

xml can seem confusing if you're not use to it, but honestly it's extremely easy once you try it out.
it's coding an xmlspawner to do things that in game that require a bit of "relearning".

I can't really offer any/much help as I rarely have free time and when I do have it I'm working on my own shard, but what part of it do you need help with?

I have no experience with the XML stuff my shard primarily uses mega spawner I do have xml spawner loaded on my shard but just haven't used them much. I resurched the attachments a while back and was trying to use a couple but they crashed my shard so i abandoned that presute. just wanted to put in some code in base creature that would check for maybe a "Soul trap" enhancement on a weapon or a spell then take the % of fame and place that in a soul Points box then upon death it would add those points to the soul Crystal the player has in their backpack and do a purple fireball animation from the Mobile killed to the Mobile killer and maybe a purple fire column it show that the soul was captured.

sounds good just to let you know as it is now you click the Crystal then the monster it kills the monster as is and isn't a good thing it would be a really bad exploit prolly want to go along the wrought that the weapon has an soul trap enhancement on it like skyrim.

Back