Hi.

I have a quick question. I wanted to know if there is some sort of external program for creating mob spawners in UO? Years back when I was working on a shard with a custom map I had a thought about how great it would be if there was an external program that would show a top down view of the UO map on the server. You would then be able to click and drag a box or circle over an area of the map sort of like in RTS games where you click and drag a box around your troops to activate them all to give a single command. Anyhow, you'd select the area that would become the range or area for the mobs to spawn within. Then you'd select which mobs would spawn, how many and how often. It seemed like a really excellent idea as I thought it would make setting up world and dungeon spawns much faster than having to do it within the game as an admin. Sadly, I'm no programmer so creating such a program myself was definitely out of the realm of possibility. :)

Anyhow, I did some research and it doesn't seem that there are any such programs even today, but I thought I'd ask just in case I missed something. Is there any spawner type program that is similar or has some of the features I mentioned above? If I can find some similar type of program I may return to trying to populate that custom map and running a custom shard again.

Any info is appreciated.
John

I don't remember seeing one :/ you can find quite a few xml spawner tutorials which tass released on the forum here

Xmlspawner had a Spawn Editor that you could: create, edit, import, and export an Xmlspawner's settings in realtime on a shard, but it has not been updated for quite some time and has been broken for just as long. That being said, to my knowledge, there is not another spawning system nearly as robust as Xmlspawner (with all of the attachments and systems included). If all you are concerned with is just spawning mobs period, any of the pre-installed systems in ServUO will work just fine (Note: Xmlspawner is installed in ServUO by default).

If I remember correctly, Spawn Editor still works, just wont connect to the server. You can still use it to edit the xml files and upload them.

Pretty sure I have a working copy somewhere...

Back