Im working on a custom dungeon, and i want to have the custom mobs i make to have a chance to drop a specific item.. i have been looking through guides, and maybe im missing it.. but maybe someone here can help me out :)

example mob: (keep in mind, im new to xml, and still learning)
swamptentacle/name/diabolical seaweed/hue/1167/hitsmaxseed/2000/hits/2000/

I want this creature to have a 5% chance to drop a piece of a map table,
which is in 6 pieces.. item id's: 19452,19453,19454,19455, & 19456

if i have to i can make separate mobs drop different pieces, which may be best.. also, is there a way to rename each of these items as well? if not ill think of something else

Once i know the xml command, then i will be able to customize it to my liking.. but i cant seem to find the command.. if there is one, i seem to remember there being one, but i could be wrong.

I honestly think you might have to create those items, as far as I know you can't just make it drop an itemID without having a set item such as EnchantedApple or whatever.

Then again, I don't know much about the XML Spawner, just my two bits about what I have learned over time.

Well with stealables you can use itemids like this:
static,19500/movable/false/STEALABLE/true/weight/10/hue/2213

So i would guess, once i know the command, i could use the (static,19452) after the command... just need the command to do some testing :)

I had also thought about having the mobs drop some sort of currency, amount based on toughness, then have an NPC sell the items for the currency... but then they would just be able to buy the pieces they need, instead of having to farm them and trade with others..

So i would guess, once i know the command, i could use the (static,19452) after the command... just need the command to do some testing :)

Hrmm maybe so then. xD

Yes, I think we both know how to do that but the issue is its easier and a lot more disposable for him to use XML that way he doesnt have to send the scripts to the server owner and them upload them then go through that whole process for a 1 time event.

I personally think you should create the items as it makes them traceable and gives you more freely things to do but in all honesty if you can do the monster using XML go right ahead thats badass.

Yes that is true but how do you track such records? On our old shard we had a stealable shield, wich had special properties and were stealable. Controlled where this via XMLSpawner just a modified Heatershield. What happen if you change basic informations? You have to update all those via Commands as well.

I personally prefer to code out those items and mobiles in terms of updating and such.

What I meant by tracking is using the command [global where commands and shit can find the item and see if they are still existent in the world or maybe they went away with IDOCs etc.

Making the Item in my eyes is way more stable.

With events, a quick event would be cool to do with XML but I also think that if your gonna do a well planned event, code is the way to go as you have all functionality.

Either way, we are kinda getting off topic.

If anyone knows how to do what Serenity is asking please do explain as I am now curious as well xD

The keywords you're looking for is ADD - This adds an item to a mobs pack. & RND - This randomizes a number between two values.
From there you can add in a random Chance so ADD,0.1/Katana would give a 10% chance 0.5 = 50% 0.05 =5% and so on.

To create in item to drop using add rather than using an existing one you create it like you normally would on a single xml spawner line just enclosed within < >
You do this after the ADD,0.5 bit
- There is also a RND operator which allows xml spawner to pick a random number between the two you give it. This can be used to randomize your ItemIDs for the map table. They're all concurrently ID'd (as standard) which helps greatly. The other properties such as name are a little bit tricky to randomize - however if you wanted all sections to carry the same name ("Map Table") etc.. then this method will work.
Your final "add" line would be: ADD,0.05/<static,19452/ItemID/RND,19452,19456/movable/true/name/Map Table>
Making your monster line:
swamptentacle/name/diabolical seaweed/hue/1167/hitsmaxseed/2000/hits/2000/ADD,0.05/<static,19452/ItemID/RND,19452,19456/movable/true/name/Map Table>

Hope this helps!

The keywords you're looking for is ADD - This adds an item to a mobs pack. & RND - This randomizes a number between two values.
From there you can add in a random Chance so ADD,0.1/Katana would give a 10% chance 0.5 = 50% 0.05 =5% and so on.

To create in item to drop using add rather than using an existing one you create it like you normally would on a single xml spawner line just enclosed within < >
You do this after the ADD,0.5 bit
- There is also a RND operator which allows xml spawner to pick a random number between the two you give it. This can be used to randomize your ItemIDs for the map table. They're all concurrently ID'd (as standard) which helps greatly. The other properties such as name are a little bit tricky to randomize - however if you wanted all sections to carry the same name ("Map Table") etc.. then this method will work.
Your final "add" line would be: ADD,0.05/<static,19452/ItemID/RND,19452,19456/movable/true/name/Map Table>
Making your monster line:
swamptentacle/name/diabolical seaweed/hue/1167/hitsmaxseed/2000/hits/2000/ADD,0.05/<static,19452/ItemID/RND,19452,19456/movable/true/name/Map Table>

Hope this helps!

omfg! Add! *grumbles* so simple! lol....So this part of the command (RND,19452,19456) is telling it to randomly pick an item between the item ids 19452 thru 19456? or just pick randomly between the 2 items ids listed? Thanks Cj!

To pick randomly from a list of different statics/object

ADD,0.1/<{RNDLIST, object1,object2,object3,ecc}>

While RND,19452,19456 pick randomly from 19452 to 19456

What I had will randomly select the numbers between the two - so it could be 19452, 19453, 19454, 19455 or 19456.

Ben has a nice solution if the items or IDs aren't concurrent which is true for many scenarios. :D

To pick randomly from a list of different statics/object

ADD,0.1/<{RNDLIST, object1,object2,object3,ecc}>

While RND,19452,19456 pick randomly from 19452 to 19456

Thanks guys! Will give this a go tonight! im excited now, i should have this event done by the weekened!

Back