I downloaded the latest ServUO server this week.

I also downloaded this custom script: https://www.servuo.com/threads/spell-crafting-3-0.11127/#post-66818

Everything seems to be working except when I try to modify a weapon (only tried a weapon so far) and it throws an exception and restarts the server.

Here is the exception I'm getting.

Trying to apply Hit Area Poison on a Dagger

Code:
15:55:38 System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at Server.SpellCrafting.SpellCraft.CheckMaxAttributes(BaseWeapon weapon)
   at Server.SpellCrafting.SpellCraft.CheckItem(Mobile m, BaseWeapon weapon, Boolean addingAttribute)
   at Server.SpellCrafting.SpellCraft.ApplyAttribute(Mobile from, BookOfSpellCrafts book, Int32 craftId, BaseWeapon weapon, AosWeaponAttribute attribute, Int32 minimum, Int32 maximum, Int32 scale)
   at Server.SpellCrafting.Crafts.HitPoisonArea.Callback(Mobile from, Object target, Object craftState)
   at Server.Mobile.SimpleStateTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted)
   at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
15:55:38 Crash: Generating report...done
15:55:38 Crash: Backing up...done
15:55:38 Crash: Restarting...done

I would remove the custom system you added, wanderer posted RunUO scripts, they are not good to just drop into ServUO. If you want to use any older system, the best thing is to rewrite it using the old version as a guide!
Post automatically merged:

As a side note to the mods here, it might save a lot of confusion with resources if they were cleaned up, meaning, there should be a runuo archive section with a tag, these scripts will cause issues for servuo, use at own risk.

Restrict the Resource section for ServUO scripts! Just a thought, as I see these issues a lot, plus the fact runuo scripts posted are usually by someone other than the original Arthur which adds to the frustration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you are probably correct, it should be rewritten from start using it as a guideline...

Let me drink some beer later and decide if I care enough to do that LOL

Thanks for your response!

Back