So I've been testing out some scripts I've grabbed and I grabbed Felladrin's Global Chat. Here's the issue I'm having though. It might be simple, but the problem is, what if I were to have 2 players who got into an argument in person, and then I squelch them... And one of them takes the argument to the global chat? This is a HUGE HUGE issue. I haven't had it happen yet, but where would I go to stop this from happening? I need to make sure that players can't take their grief over to the 'next best thing' when they get into a fight that could lead to insulting. I need to be able to make it so then players cannot do this. At this point I'll be making it an offense that would cause you to be banned, but I don't feel that's a good answer since I plan to have a family friendly shard and some people might have their entire family's playing and... Ooops, this person grieved so their IP address got banned. I feel it would be better to find a way to stop it before it occurs versus letting it occur and than having to ban an entire household from being able to play.

you could also just delete his account :D or change his password :p but atm I am not sure how both scripts handle the squelching so you would need to take a look at the scripts and compare it, if it is different then change it so that it is using the same variable

:) I would [kick them both until they decide it's not worth what they are doing ! Or like Pyro suggested tell them you will change their passwords

Back