So im curious, just how stable is the xmlspawner? I was told that using xmlspawners the way i do, can cause crashes?? just how stable are xmlspawners? I primarily use them to modify mobs to make new ones.. example:

The server im on has a quest to kill Berserkers, to collect their skulls... the stock mob that comes with the quest is a joke..
its waaaaaay to easy.. for the reward.. so i made these, and put them on a long spawn rate:

AbysmalHorror/Name/Berserker/BodyValue/303/Hue/1644/CorpseNameOverride/Berserkers Corpse/ADD,0.50/<BloodyBerserkerSkull>
Impaler/Name/Berserker/BodyValue/303/Hue/1644/CorpseNameOverride/Berserkers Corpse/ADD,0.50/<BloodyBerserkerSkull>
DarknightCreeper/Name/Berserker/BodyValue/303/Hue/1644/CorpseNameOverride/Berserkers Corpse/ADD,0.50/<BloodyBerserkerSkull>

this is just one example, I also use them to create more complex creatures, steal-ables.. ect.

does this kind of stuff push the limits of xmlspawner? or should i be ok with this type of spawning?

Xmlspawner is perfectly fine and stable, theres people hating on it a lot. Just use whatever makes developing easy for you. people are sometimes way too picky and pedantic, is not like you are going to have 2k players anyway.

That spawn you posted is not even log, trust me i got longer ones :D

its ok to make long spawns with xmlspawner, that whats it was made for

Back