xG00BERx

So desperate to further ServUO I have been finding people's servers and going to their bug part of the forums finding issues and then going on my own ServUO copy and fixing the issue or testing to see if I have the bug as well...

I am desperate for bugs.

ServUO what have you done...?

Anyone else enjoying trying to find bugs and fix them???

Hey!
I've seen the posts over on the forums you've made :p
If you want I can send you the 100 point bug list we've got on the staff board lol :p - Many of those are ServUO core bugs, rest assured though as we fix them we'll be pushing many of them out to help further the community as it is most of the stuff has been items/scripts specific to the server that aren't 100% finished so we haven't released them yet. The heavily bugged Imbuing script is an example of this :p - We're working on the mystic spells which seem to be pretty bugged too, when we get an OSI version of that up and running i'll make sure that goes back to the community.
@Regnak has also posted the galleons up and is continuing to update & improve upon them.

tl;dr - All though bug fixes/support etc seem to be a little thin, you're not alone and ServUO is growing we'll get there - of that I have no doubt. ;)

~Ce Jayce~ (UO Broceliande & The Shire)

ServUO what have you done...?
Anyone else enjoying trying to find bugs and fix them???
There are people who can answer this question in better detail then me but i suppose I'll go over the base. ServUO is very community driven, the dev's can't spend all their time doing bug fixes nor can we realistically expect them to with a project of this type. So the burden often falls onto the community and it's able scripters. Generally people only fix the bugs they come across and want fixed without seeking out new bugs on purpose. So with the community being the bug hunters we can offer our fixes to the project so then the dev's can go over it and decide if it's properly been fixxed and if they wish to add it to the next publish. There is a process of using GitHub to contribute bug fixes for the dev's to go over but I don't know that process off the top of my head. While i do say the community is the bug hunters, the devs do take time to fix bugs that they come across during their time working on things.

We should be seeing a publish pushed this month that contains a quite a few bug fixes. (I can't officially say when it will be though)

Hey!
I've seen the posts over on the forums you've made :p
If you want I can send you the 100 point bug list we've got on the staff board lol :p - Many of those are ServUO core bugs, rest assured though as we fix them we'll be pushing many of them out to help further the community as it is most of the stuff has been items/scripts specific to the server that aren't 100% finished so we haven't released them yet. The heavily bugged Imbuing script is an example of this :p - We're working on the mystic spells which seem to be pretty bugged too, when we get an OSI version of that up and running i'll make sure that goes back to the community.
@Regnak has also posted the galleons up and is continuing to update & improve upon them.

tl;dr - All though bug fixes/support etc seem to be a little thin, you're not alone and ServUO is growing we'll get there - of that I have no doubt. ;)

~Ce Jayce~ (UO Broceliande & The Shire)

I am not the best with Imbuing as I do not even know how it works regularly on OSI :\ - But I would love to see all of your bugs. I wait for them on ServUO but they come around too slow or one of the other amazing members of this forums fixes it before I can :\

SO................. Then I went to hunt around for other servers and checking their bug list as their bugs are more then likely the same as ServUO :)

So then I go ahead test it if its broken on my ServUO I fix it and send the fix to Insanity via Private Chat as me and him have spoken about :)

There are people who can answer this question in better detail then me but i suppose I'll go over the base. ServUO is very community driven, the dev's can't spend all their time doing bug fixes nor can we realistically expect them to with a project of this type. So the burden often falls onto the community and it's able scripters. Generally people only fix the bugs they come across and want fixed without seeking out new bugs on purpose. So with the community being the bug hunters we can offer our fixes to the project so then the dev's can go over it and decide if it's properly been fixxed and if they wish to add it to the next publish. There is a process of using GitHub to contribute bug fixes for the dev's to go over but I don't know that process off the top of my head. While i do say the community is the bug hunters, the devs do take time to fix bugs that they come across during their time working on things.

We should be seeing a publish pushed this month that contains a quite a few bug fixes. (I can't officially say when it will be though)

Hehe I know how it all works I was just joking around as I have been looking for bugs cross forums and such. I just am really enjoying fixing these on my free time :p

Back