I found a way to have resistances increase by looking on the runuo boards and adding this to playermobile.cs:

"public override int BasePhysicalResistance { get { return (int)(Skills[SkillName.MagicResist].Value / 10); } }
public override int BaseFireResistance { get { return (int)(Skills[SkillName.MagicResist].Value / 10); } }..."

I tried the same thing with the other stats, such as defense chance increase( public virtual int DefenseChance { get { return (int)(Skills[SkillName.MagicResist].Value / 10); } }) but it doesn't do anything. There are no error messages and the server compiles. I imagine DCI behaves different because it isn't a skill that is inherit on the player mobile but on the item. If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.

@OP thats a cool idea like how magic resistance increases the Players resistances,. you could assign other skills to apply other AOS effects.
Like 100 parrying gives them +5 defense chance increase.

It increases with the original formula that is in the playermobile.cs but it caps as 40 and it doesn't add any bonuses onto what you are already wearing. This method above allows it to add bonuses with whatever you current are wearing or have. For example, having 20 magic resistance will add 2 resistance on top of what you have where before it just gives a flat base that only comes into play when you don't have any armor on at all. What I am trying to do is something along the lines of what Hank mentioned. I am trying to use different skills (anatomy, carpentry) to increase other player stats like DCI and HCI. I tried using the same logic above but when you are in the game the DCI and HCI simply doesn't give any bonuses that tie to whatever skill you try to script. Does anybody have any ideas to get this to work?

Back