1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steps closer to ServUO on Ubuntu!

Discussion in 'Mono Support' started by Phred, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Phred

Phred Member

Hi all, I can get ServUO to work perfectly on windows excellent on resources. However I really need to save the license keys for larger projects as they are enterprise keys... Anyways I am down to ONE (1) error message and I am not able to get it...

This is using Xanthos Evo's and no other custom script changes except for the datapath, autosave, etc... I do not get this error on windows!

ServUO - [http://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 5141.23943
    Publish
    Core: Optimizing for 4 processors
    Core: Unix environment detected
    RandomImpl: SimpleRandom (Software)
    OpenUO Error: Client files not found.
    Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 0 warnings
    Errors:
    + Custom Systems/Xanthos/EVO System/TrainingElemental.cs:
    CS1525: Line 84: Unexpected symbol `public'
    CS1525: Line 84: Unexpected symbol `serial'
    CS1002: Line 86: ; expected

2. Phred

Phred Member

I fixed the training elemental issue and now I'm back to an old error once again ...
    Errors:
    + Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlSpawnerGumps.cs:
    CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 287: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
    CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 288: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
    + Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlQuest/XmlQuestGumps.cs:
    CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 203: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'

Changing the null to "null" or "" didn't help me fix this either...

3. Kalamus

Kalamus Active Member

Sorry I don't know anything about Ubuntu or even have a way to test it but it looks like it can't tell which method to use. Maybe forcing a cast will correct it? Worth a shot at least.

XmlSpawnerGump Line 287:
    Code (C#):
    1. this.AddTextEntry(35, 275, 200, 21, 0, 1, null);
    2. //to this:
    3. this.AddTextEntry(35, 275, 200, 21, 0, (int)1, null);
    Or maybe even trying to cast all the Int's. No sure why it is confusing an 'int' for the 'GumpResponse' which is a delegate though. /shrug

4. Phred

Phred Member

These are the lines that I changed...

//this.AddTextEntry(35, 275, 200, 21, 0, 1, null);
    this.AddTextEntry(35, 275, 200, 21, 0, (int)1, null);
    //this.AddTextEntry(35, 300, 200, 21, 0, 2, null);
    this.AddTextEntry(35, 300, 200, 21, 0, 2, (int)1, null);

here are the NEW errors I received...

Errors:
    + Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlSpawnerGumps.cs:
    CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 288: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
    CS1502: Line 290: The best overloaded method match for `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 290: Argument `#7' cannot convert `int' expression to type `Server.Gumps.GumpResponse'
    + Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlQuest/XmlQuestGumps.cs:
    CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 203: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'

5. Kalamus

Kalamus Active Member

Yeah, was worth a shot. Maybe someone with Unix experience can help. Sorry I couldn't help.

6. Phred

Phred Member

Well, this is the closest I have been... So close... Maybe someone with Unix experience can help... Ill give an 'A' for effort!

7. Arek

Arek New Member

It looks like the code is trying to call AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string). Your second edit is wrong, calling it with this.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, int, string) (note the extra int), but that's not the problem here. It looks to me like the problem is that null can be either a string or a Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, and mono isn't checking the number of arguments, only the type. For the call in question, replacing null with string(null) should fix it (if that doesn't work, replacing null with "" will fix the compile error, but may have other consequences depending on whether "" == null and if not how xmlspawner handles empty strings in that case).

--Arek

8. fwiffo

fwiffo Member

just cast the type before sending it to the other method, even if null you can do the cast to let the compiler know what is that...

(string)null

9. Arek

Arek New Member

bleh, I thought there was something up with my example but I couldn't put my finger on it. Yes, (string)null is what it should be not string(null).

--Arek