ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Time Of Legends
So when a player swings a sword (not sure about other weapons yet) there is the normal hit/miss sound.. but there is .. well how to describe in words? AHHHREEAA? sound? what is that? its very noticeable on the katana. I looked up Katana.cs and there is just the hit and miss sound. I find this sound very annoying and would like to remove it. I just thought id ask.. before digging in Fiddler for hours trying to locate it. my first attempt was a fail. the hit/swish sounds where not it. really its like the most annoying thing to hear for an hour playing the game..

I am not sure what you mean.

If you attack you only either play the miss or hit sound and the hurt sound of the enemy.

What weapon do you use, anything special on the weapon? What enemy do you attack?

so here you can hear it.. im attacking a beetle. sorry for the mvk file format but its best i can do for now https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m7ZT0PiqvQJktOXUtco-M9h3OcylgFnP/view?usp=share_link

you can hear the hit and miss sound.. but that "oorraaahh" sound every time i swing.. what is that? lol
Beetle.cs just overrides next sounds in specific cases:
C#:
        public override int GetAngerSound()
        {
            return 0x21D;
        }

public override int GetIdleSound()
        {
            return 0x21D;
        }

public override int GetAttackSound()
        {
            return 0x162;
        }

public override int GetHurtSound()
        {
            return 0x163;
        }

public override int GetDeathSound()
        {
            return 0x21D;
        }

ok.. well every critter makes that sound then i just used beetle as it was around me... it doesn't make it with all the weapons.. katana, Viking, Broadsword are some. but not do-dachi (swords) anyway thanks for responding.. I really just find that sound like nails on a chalkboard. its very annoying. I could not find it anywhere in fiddler either. but maybe guys have pointed me somewhere else to look for this sound. thanks

The sound you don't like is that of life leech (or perhaps stamina or mana leech). Either the weapon has that attribute or you are using a skill or special move that does.

The sound you don't like is that of life leech (or perhaps stamina or mana leech). Either the weapon has that attribute or you are using a skill or special move that does.
Oh, Thank you! your absolutely right. That never even thought to cross my mind. Sure enough there it was. Thanks Falkor! your one cool Dragon!

and there it is!!

if (lifeLeech != 0 || stamLeech != 0 || manaLeech != 0 || toHealCursedWeaponSpell != 0)
{
attacker.PlaySound(0x44D);
}
}

Attachments

• LifeLeech.png
    LifeLeech.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 6
  • LifeLeech2.png
    LifeLeech2.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: