ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Stygian Abyss
Hey guys, I used to be a seer on the Demise server and recently downloaded servuo to mess around with shard creation.
I used to make dungeons out of housing plots, and recall that i could sink them to be level with the map to make them more seamless.
For the life of me, I cannot remember the command to do this now though, and a search brought up nothing.
Was hoping someone could give me a brief walkthrough so that I can start creating again! Thanks in advance!

If you're sure you want to do that kind of world building with custom house plots, then you can access them by doing an [area interface where basehouse command and targeting the area around the plot - then you can flip to the last page and set the Z.

I would recommend just grabbing a copy of UOFiddler so you can look at all of the game art assets, and use the [add, [tile, [outline, etc commands to place them by their ID.

the reason I used to do it with house plots was because I could easily customize the houses to reuse space and make different event dungeons in the same area.
I am going to try it your way too though, since I am looking to learn other techniques as well.
Thank you so much for the response! You're a life saver.

quick follow up question if you don't mind... I cannot seem to remember how to disable the "Leave house" command.

It's in PlayerMobile.cs
search for
list.Add(new CallbackEntry(6207, LeaveHouse));

comment it out

Also, Voxpire is right build the dungeon or w/e the way he said or use one of the many tool that can help with that. If your wanting to save them use something like UO Architect or newer GD13 Black Box.
GD13 Black Box can also help also help with building things.

It's in PlayerMobile.cs
search for
list.Add(new CallbackEntry(6207, LeaveHouse));

comment it out

Also, Voxpire is right build the dungeon or w/e the way he said or use one of the many tool that can help with that. If your wanting to save them use something like UO Architect or newer GD13 Black Box.
GD13 Black Box can also help also help with building things.
I will check out both later and mess around with them. Wouldn't I have to distribute custom map files if I do that though?
I am curious why they had us build them out of houses on Demise now. Even Halloween/Christmas town on that server is built out of house plots, unless they have changed it since I have been there.
Thanks so much for the response by the way!

No you wouldn't have to do custom map files. They would be placed as statics and wouldn't require sending out custom maps unless you used a "freeze" command on them. You could also use an addon generator and create addons out of them. Once you get the hang of it it's much easier than building houses and have more graphics to choose from and adding them/removing them is much faster than dealing with lots of houses.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to take your advice and will start playing around with it later. I have no hard launch date, since I am mainly experimenting and just trying to make content at the moment so I definitely have time to learn how to do it the right way.

GD13BlackBox.zip download has started flagging as malware this morning. Just a heads up. It's been in my download folder since December

Back