Many of us are running active servers and keeping up with the latest updates.

It would be nice if there was a sticky post somewhere, with directions on how to stay safely up to date.

* As in what commands to do. Do we use the delete are if it is updated and that command is available or so we use .recreateworld, etc.
* How to update spawners.
Things like that.

It would be a small thread but probably useful when players are unsure of how to proceed to the latest publish of ServUO.
Sometimes one update might give server owner a new question to make sure they are proceeding correctly.
Just a thought!

Thanks,
Shazzy
:)

It would be nice. I still haven't gotten clear direction on if I should run things like [createworld after each update, to place any 'new' spawners that may have been added. Commands like [decorateML, for example (there are many more like that)... are they included in the [createworld menus? Or, are these commands that we need to run as standalone?

You should not use [createworld after each update.

For a lot of the spawner changes, I look at what is getting updated and then go create those items myself. You risk creating duplicates if you are spamming that command after every update.

[createworld has the decorateML commands in it. Those commands should probably be removed to make things less confusing for new members.

If I do .recreateworld and only check off spawners(I think that is on there) does that just add the new spawners?
I do understand just adding the spawners by hand, but if that is the case, when if ever do you use recreateworld?

I tweak a lot of my spawners, as many still have some issues in regards to smart spawning ect. If you do that I imagine it resets all your spawners, to include the ones you tweaked. For me that is no good and is just easier to edit new ones as they are added. For those that never make edits it could work.

You should not use [createworld after each update.

For a lot of the spawner changes, I look at what is getting updated and then go create those items myself. You risk creating duplicates if you are spamming that command after every update.

See, I've read in other threads where they say it should not place duplicates if the spawners are already down. That's why I've said I really haven't gotten much clarity on it, as some people say 'yes' and others say 'no.' LOL

So, if these spawners update, is it an xml file that gets updated that I need to look at?

Also, another question comes to mind: Recently, in the 'createworld ' menu, it will tell me if an area is spawned or not. (I think the last one I did, it showed Blackthorn's as not being spawned.) When you run [createworld, is that list checking what is has vs. what is put down? In other words: Let's say there's a definition in there for 'Forest A' (just for example). On my first run, it shows that it is not spawning and I run it. Then, lets say that a few SVN # down the road, 5 more spawns get added to it. Is the [createworld menu going to say that the area is spawned or will it say that it isn't?

I appreciate all the input you've given, Tasanar.

Back