I had a realization. You cant expect your map to come out well unless you customize the transitions and automatic random deco. I think thats where the real magic comes in. for example instead of mushroom circles there could be a patch of weeds... idk ima test it out later.

ive been trying to get this to work got any installation tips?
you will need to find some other tutorial as I'm still trying to figure it out on my own. Once I get it all figured out I will post a detailed tutorial but for now that's all I got in the tank.

I'm probobly just brain fried but here you said:
Also forgot to say don't use the blue color in the altitude swatch it has basically not worked after 100 attempts. Just use the greens only in the altitude map and then in the terrain map use all rock except for shallow water where you want the water. Don't forget to only put water on level ground with at least 3 tiles of additional spacing on the side to all for sweet transitions.

But then the image below that shows the terrain.bmp using the grey rock color & the water color. And the map compiled indeed shows rock where you used the rock swatch... So im confused, do I use rock for deep water, or the blue deep water swatch?

Maybe im reading everything wrong.

Back