what files are needed to be changed in servuo to make it be t2a. Such as templates, casting, swing timers, weapons etc. thanks in advance. Or if anyone has code set up already for this I'd love to have it.

Runuo and thus servuo came out after T2A so there isnt really much support built in.

To start with you can set your expansion to T2A in CurrentExpansion.cs

BaseWeapon.cs is where you will find code relating to swing speed and damage.
BaseArmor.cs has further sections to do with mitigation
Spell.cs will be your first stop for cast timers damage formulas for spells
SpellHelper.cs is also integral to the above.

Thats a start anyway, Your going to have to get your hands pretty dirty but thats the whole fun.

Thank you , coding is fun. However I'm doing this to get an actual fun T2A server up. I have to say that UOR was my favorite era in live uo back in the day. But these free uor servers are nothing like how people actually played back in the day.

Thank you , coding is fun. However I'm doing this to get an actual fun T2A server up. I have to say that UOR was my favorite era in live uo back in the day. But these free uor servers are nothing like how people actually played back in the day.
Well if you want to get a server up your going to have to get your hands dirty.
Servuo/Runuo dont really have any code for pre AOS, Setting your expansion in CurrentExpansion.cs will disable basic stuff like aos props,and disabling other new systems, but like i said if you want it like OSI was or even how you remember it your going to have to do a lot of coding.
Runuo/Servuo dont even support pre AOS clients out of the box, which requires modifications to the following packets i can think of;
SkillsUpdate
MobileStatus
Anything localized (localized gumps, localized names, localized text ) all need to be swapped out for their non localized versions

That's too bad. Anything above uor was just absolutely terrible. I'm going to play arounf though. You'd think with all the years this stuff has been around there'd be available base files out there to convert it. But oh well.

My favorite era!

My project that zerodowned mentioned is still a work in progress. What it has so far is actual REMOVAL of all code that is AOS and newer. The project retains the core code of ServUO but is significantly faster due to the removal of thousands of lines of code involving newer code and all Era checks. I have not yet changed any the damage calculations or anything else to make it totally pre-aos, but it is certainly a cleaner starting point.

I'm hoping to get back to it this week, and if you are truly interested in the project, you would be welcome to help me work on it.

I would be interested in something like that too. Are all the changes in the core too?

Just with the new core coming out with the newest framework support.

There are no changes to the core. I'm trying to avoid that so that we can keep a common core with ServUO (including the update to a newer framework).

I'll download this and play with it. I doubt I could be of much help to you. I'm just a novice if that. I can read the code somewhat , but at this point in time I'm just learning. But I do plan on hitting it hard,'as I really have a lot of creating stuff with code.

Actually, you could be a huge help by testing the behaviors. I need people who remember and played that era. I played it but have played all the eras so my memory gets fuzzy sometimes. I'm also old :p

Im pretty old also.. I am interested in T2A though not uor.. too many uor servers, and i dont feel that private servers are as fun as the live uor was.. Live def did not have all the purple pot pvp like uof and most of the others, at least not on siege perilous.. but Im goign to download this and see what I can do for sure..

Actually, you could be a huge help by testing the behaviors. I need people who remember and played that era. I played it but have played all the eras so my memory gets fuzzy sometimes. I'm also old :p
I remember T2A, I started then and played through Ren. but never updated to third dawn and quit shortly after it came out I think.

I miss being able to stack explosion and ebolt damage and trapping mobs because they weren't smart enough to walk around corners

and there's Tent houses...most useless things ever

houses were placed via deeds and I don't believe there was a house preview to help you place one either.

silver weapons that were basically undead slayers

I don't recall when Ethereal mounts were available but according to uoguide they use to be a 3 year vet reward\
...ok well Vet rewards didn't start until 24 Jul 2001
source: http://uo.stratics.com/uoherald/news/news.php?newsid=664

don't forget the old karma/fame titles when you could still be a Dread Lord

random color sandals - need I say more?? ( I want to say they were late T2A but Pre-Ren )

you could use dyes on a black due tub to change it's color - and piss everyone off in the process

chests locked down in houses could be lock picked - this happened in my guild's house one time, someone snuck in and stole everything

rangers that randomly dropped ranger armor

Wow, I'm triggered, lol.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
PKs be like

ajokideo.com_wp_content_uploads_meme_2014_05_People_in_sleeping_bags___bear_meme.jpg

I still hate tents

oh, i get it, tents never collapse that makes sense but can't other players just walk into the tent?

Last edited:
Back