Hello, has this been done? (Take the head from a Paragon corpse and turn it in for a bounty (the guy in Brit) after chopping it up with knife)? Want my friends to be able to walk around and bounty hunt Paragons that have infested the land.

Does anyone know what systems it would take to do this (all systems involved) where the code would need to be added or changed?

I hope some think this is a decently cool idea and provide some guidance. Thanks in advance to any kind individuals that would be willing to give any advice!

There are probably half a dozen ways to accomplish this, but this would be my approach:

Step 1: Create a cleaver called ParagonCleaver. Have your Huntsman or whoever sell them.
Step 2: Modify the BaseCreature, in the OnCarve method to check if the item used was a ParagonCleaver and if the creature was a Paragon.
- if (with is ParagonCleaver && IsParagon) ..
- and if that is true, then run a ChopHead routine.
Step 3: Create the ChopHead routine in BaseCreature. It will give the player a head of {insert type here}, bloody the corpse just like getting hides or meat does, and will set the Carved parameter so it can only be carved once.

The advantage of using a special cleaver is that people using a normal cleaver or skinning knife will not accidentally get a head if all they are trying to do is skin something and it just happens to be a Paragon they are skinning.

Thanks Loaki! That sounds like a great way to go. What about the guy in Brit accepting heads, do I have to edit him as well to accept the bounty and pay the player? Is that where I could set up pricing for the heads as well? Paragon Dragon head vrs a Paragon Orc head for instance?

Sure, you could use Fame as your guide if you don't want to try to register every possible Paragaon, so the guy will pay you based on the Fame of the creature. Just make sure when you create the head, you pass the Fame of the creature into the head so that when they turn it in the guy will know how much to give them.

Would you happen to know what systems I would need to edit to throw the code in? For instance the bounty accepter, is he in some NPC class?I'm not fluent at all with the UO Classes. Could you point me in the right direction? Surely do appreciate the advice good sir.

Don't know who he is actually. Just look through Mobiles/Townspeople or whatever. You would have to modify his "DragDropOnto" method or something.

The cleaver you would have to create yourself, just copy a cleaver and change the name and stuff. The rest of it goes in BaseCreature.

Back