My friend passed this one along to me. I used to play this game to death back on the BBC micro/Amiga. I can't say I'm taken by this offering (£50 for beta lol) but it's jolly nice to see it again.

Exile next, please! :)

Here's the link to their fancypants remake, anyway:

http://www.elitedangerous.com/

Looks pretty cool.

I always wished Eve had added the ability to exit the ships and explore/fight/adventure on foot along with in space. If anyone ever develops a game that allows (in)finite space travel/combat/exploration/etc/etc along with the same character development and freedom on foot on the planets within the star systems, I'd probably quit UO altogether.

The had the opportunity to do that with Star Wars The Old Republic and Star Trek Online. And in both they severely dropped the ball there, real shame that.

The last best Hope, I think is if the did a Firefly mmo. Now that'd be pretty sweet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(Gratuitous theme-tuneage ahoy :p)

That would be sweet. I agree about the Star Wars mmo's. They've totally dropped the ball, to the point of really being a joke imo.

I don't care much for the Star Trek universe tbh. In a perfect world (for me), it would Eve for space travel/etc combined with Fallout 3 for planetary exploration. I think my pants just twitched thinking about that. :oops:

I think that's pretty much Firefly in a nutshell, tbh. Reaver planets would be truly horrendous.

I never got into Eve though, the idea of losing real money via gankage put me off that whole game. Fallout 3, on the other hand, whilst being a very good game in it's own way, I still feel like the developers of modern games are still trying to waddle around with their pants half-way around their ankles - there's so much more they could have done with that.

Play kerbal space program? lol
Best space simulation i know off, you can also mod and stuffs, i made new planets, a hyper drive, etc.
Near-infinite posiblities ;D

And it is in development, so it's still fully active.
It have ships that you can make yourself part by part, launch them on a launch pad on the planet, and get to pace, shoot a kerbal (character in the vessel) for fun in the space... Yet very fun. :D

Eventually you can mod your own parts or download plugins for the game.
At this moment the game is only single player (even if there are 2 multiplayer plugins made by the community), and they are working on that for the next version.
adl.dropboxusercontent.com_s_ufzfbc23c3hzbp3_417parts.png_ec75f2f98857e64fc7e33471c2a80920.png

417 parts, custom parts, etc.
It can be fun at somne times, and you can even smash your keyboard because your "supposed-to-work-plane-design" fails to lift off.
Oh yea, vessels, and planes too ;D

Well have fun searching more infos lol
(And btw my ship is not really a "good" example on how to build ships xD)

Back