It's wierd. I want tanners to buy Spined, horned and barbed leather so i did what you should do and added this to the sb buy info.

this.Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( SpinedLeather ), 6, 20, 0x1081, 0x8ac ) );
this.Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( HornedLeather ), 6, 20, 0x1081, 0x845 ) );
this.Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( BarbedLeather ), 6, 20, 0x1081, 0x851 ) );

But they still wont buy it. I did some searching and 12 years ago (2003) there was a post about the same issue and it was found to be a bug. Back then there was a work around to edit the genericsell.cs file to let uou sell hued items but that change has been made in the current emulator. However you still can't sell those items?

I'm surprised I can't find anything on the topic besides that. Does anyone have a suggesiton how to fix this issue?

It works fine for me. I'm not using the latest ServUO repo though, so my code is different. But I have noticed I can't use Hex values for hues, which you are trying to do.

Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Assassin Spike Of Evolution", typeof( AssassinSpikeOfEvolution ), 8750000, 1, 0x2D21, 1266 ) );

Yea that's the post I saw with no luck. I am going to do what Tass suggested and change the hue hex value and see if that works. It's wierd cause I can get them to buy anything even evol weapons like Tass's example, but not the leathers. I'll keep this updated with results of that change as soon as I can make it.

It's very possible that the problem is items like: leather, ingots and wood, are using a generic script that creates the item. Whereas, a custom item, like an Evo Weapon for example, has it's own individual script, with it's own hue. Just for the sake of argument, you could try to script an individual leather item and give it a hue and see if that works (that's going to be fairly involved too just to cover all the bases of what the regular leather script is doing and inheriting).

Yea I made a new item colored and it was sellable. Seems to be an issue with the way those are coded. I'm really surprised that hasn't been fixed in all these years. I think the only work around would be to completely re-code all the types of leather / ore / etc. Something very much time consuming.

What stumps me though is that in my research it seemed to be an issue that was fixable 12 years ago but no longer today. :(

I know Insanity told me when ServUO was getting off the ground that he (and others) had included public fixes from RunUO and OrbUO. It's possible this was fixed at one point, then reverted for whatever reason. On OSI, you couldn't sell stacks or resources back to vendors, you had to put them on a commodity deed first, then sell them the deed...or maybe that was only for selling them through a player vendor...it's been over a dozen years since I played OSI lol

i had this code in SBTanner and all works fine for me XD

public class InternalSellInfo : GenericSellInfo
{
public InternalSellInfo()
{
this.Add(typeof(Bag), 3);
this.Add(typeof(Pouch), 3);
this.Add(typeof(Backpack), 7);

this.Add(typeof(Leather), 5);
Add( typeof( SpinedLeather ), 3);
Add( typeof( HornedLeather), 3);
Add( typeof( BarbedLeather ), 3);

this.Add(typeof(SkinningKnife), 7);

this.Add(typeof(LeatherArms), 18);
this.Add(typeof(LeatherChest), 23);
this.Add(typeof(LeatherGloves), 15);
this.Add(typeof(LeatherGorget), 15);
this.Add(typeof(LeatherLegs), 18);
this.Add(typeof(LeatherCap), 5);

this.Add(typeof(StuddedArms), 43);
this.Add(typeof(StuddedChest), 37);
this.Add(typeof(StuddedGloves), 39);
this.Add(typeof(StuddedGorget), 22);
this.Add(typeof(StuddedLegs), 33);

this.Add(typeof(FemaleStuddedChest), 31);
this.Add(typeof(StuddedBustierArms), 23);
this.Add(typeof(FemalePlateChest), 103);
this.Add(typeof(FemaleLeatherChest), 18);
this.Add(typeof(LeatherBustierArms), 12);
this.Add(typeof(LeatherShorts), 14);
this.Add(typeof(LeatherSkirt), 12);
}
}

oh my freaking god... I was adding it to the "sell" section which I was dumbly thinking meant the section for you to sell.... Oh lord, it works fine. Thank you so much.

Back