I always thought Telekenisis should be a "grab" spell. I would add this:

else if (!Caster.CanSee(item)) Caster.SendMessage("That is out of sight.");

Also, you might want to check if you are inside a house that you are not a friend of, and you might want to add a revealing action to make sure that people don't hide somewhere and snipe things that suddenly disappear. After all, the thing is supposed to be seen floating through the air, right?

Adding a MovingEffect, with the ItemID of the item you're "grabbing" as the effect ID would easily accomplish this. AND be cool as hell.
Yes this would be very cool, I had problems making animation work, tried using throwing dagger as an example to no avail.

Ok, this is a total hack...but it works. Just tested it a few times....

Within the below method..

Code:
public void Target(Item item)

Add the commented lines to the else statement...

Code:
else
					{
					    Point3D itemPlace = item.Location;//here
					    Map itemMap = item.Map;//here
                        Mobile fodder = new Cow();//here
                        fodder.MoveToWorld(itemPlace, itemMap);//here
					    fodder.Hidden = true;//here
					    fodder.Squelched = true;//here
                        fodder.MovingEffect(Caster, item.ItemID, 7, 1, false, false, item.Hue, 0);//here
                        Effects.SendLocationParticles(EffectItem.Create(item.Location, item.Map, EffectItem.DefaultDuration), 0x376A, 9, 32, 5022);
                        Effects.PlaySound(item.Location, item.Map, 0x1F5);
						Caster.AddToBackpack( item );
						Caster.SendMessage( "You manipulate the object to within your grasp and place it in your backpack.");
                        fodder.Delete();//here
					}

Add the following reference at the top...

Code:
using Server.Mobiles;

:)

PS - You can use the fodder Mobile trick to do a lot of neat particle/moving effects that require a Mobile as opposed to an item.

I have used the fodder method before there is a mustash animation. It is only one pixel so hides better. I will see I'd I can find the value later.

What did telekinesis ever do except set off traps on chest? That is the only thing I have ever used it for.

I have used it forever but it seems like an almost worthless spell. This may give it some new life :)

levers and switches are ITelekinesisable to name one use and I suppose creating an ITelekenisisable Door may make it open. I liked the idea of the levers and switches for quests then I thought grabbing an inaccessable item (too far away or behind bars) would be kewl as well.
Reminiscent of Old Ultima games

Sometime killing water mobiles makes their packs open but item is just out of reach. Would be nice if it could say pull that fishing net off the corpse that is just out of reach.

Back