I was wondering how to get this to work in my server Auction so that players could use this spell to look in a bag to see the items they are bidding on so that they don't have to get outta their seats. I am not sure if the bag or box would have to be locked or traped or if it is a range thing i need to change?

Last edited:
Why not just increase the effective range for double-clicking that particular bag? I mean, if they have to get out of their seats, I assume that means that if they are close enough it will let them double-click the bag to see what is up for auction, so just change the range so that they don't have to be as close.

Why not just increase the effective range for double-clicking that particular bag? I mean, if they have to get out of their seats, I assume that means that if they are close enough it will let them double-click the bag to see what is up for auction, so just change the range so that they don't have to be as close.
I know this is sill but I don't see this in [props. Is this the basecontainer.cs I would have to get into??
Post automatically merged:

I know this is sill but I don't see this in [props. Is this the basecontainer.cs I would have to get into??
I tried [set range 200 and I guess i dont know the [set command in game :(

Last edited:
Okay I googled increase the effective range for double-clicking a particular bag and how to? I found no information on this :( If someone could tell me how to do this that would be great and thank's for your time :)

Sorry, did not mean to imply you could do this in game. I assume you are looking for a way to rewrite a script so that it does what you are trying to do. Do you have a special type of "auction bag" or something? Can you post what you are using?

Any script, the OnDoubleClick() method can be overridden so that you can customize what it does. If it inherits from a bag, then you might add something like:

C#:
public override OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
{
     // this is pseudo-code. there are examples of this in the core
     // look at Container or BaseContainer
     if (this is within range...let's say 15 tiles....whatever you want here)
          this.DisplayContent(from);
}

Sorry, did not mean to imply you could do this in game. I assume you are looking for a way to rewrite a script so that it does what you are trying to do. Do you have a special type of "auction bag" or something? Can you post what you are using?

Any script, the OnDoubleClick() method can be overridden so that you can customize what it does. If it inherits from a bag, then you might add something like:

C#:
public override OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
{
     // this is pseudo-code. there are examples of this in the core
     // look at Container or BaseContainer
     if (this is within range...let's say 15 tiles....whatever you want here)
          this.DisplayContent(from);
}
Okay Tyvm. Im on it now thanks again.

Back