Greetings all

Whenever i try usng the OSI Termur map, there are a number of notile tiles present (see black in picture below).
I checked the OSI client art.mul and sure enough there's a notile there, but i don't recall these showing up when playing osi servers.
Does anyone know what this tile should be?

the fiddler screenie is from the 7.0.15 OSI client for that one tile

1592862943394.png

1592862988226.png

I believe those are the flight path tiles for Gargoyles, place holders on the map, hence the flag HoverOver

The idea is to add the required tiles to the land, the missing part IMO are the tiles that are used to cover the section and have the code to support the gargoyle flight paths!

Right, map tiles would not be able to process players, for example - to check for a player and preform a task! The overlay flight path tiles would be a usable object like a item and placed once the world builds!

They are definitely part of the map -- that's why map programs show them. When I modernized a shard from RunUO RC2 to include support for 7.x clients (and gargoyles, flying, etc.) the tiles were already there (part of the map) -- I didn't have to place the flight pathways by hand. They weren't part of any world spawn package because I never had one that supported newer eras.

Good to know, makes sense, I never went to look, only taking a educated guess at what he was talking about. I did not know he was only viewing them in the map program and not in game!

They aren't visible in the game (hence the nodraw) so you should be able to add bridges where you want and that'd be it.

I did some testing tough and it appears that in the other places that show up black on the map (where you circled) the land looks completely normal but you cannot walk or fly (gargoyle) over them. Never noticed that before. It's like they used them for raised plateaus of land that they didn't want any spawn (or mobile) to reach.

Back