Greetings, travelers. My name is Faelan, a humble historian and bard in the city of Britain, and I have been part of this world since the dawn of the Third Age. My purpose? To share with you the stories of our lands – stories of valor, deceit, unity, and destruction. Today, I shall recount the history and lore of our world, Ultima Online.

There was a time, the First Age, a period shrouded in mystery, where our ancestors say magic was as common as air and mythical creatures roamed freely. We were born of eight virtues: Honesty, Compassion, Valor, Justice, Sacrifice, Honor, Spirituality, and Humility. The principles are etched in every facet of our world, guiding the moral compass of its inhabitants.

Then came the Second Age, the Time of Darkness, when the sinister wizard Mondain forged the Gem of Immortality and threatened the existence of our world. It was a time of despair, where chaos reigned, and hope was but a fleeting dream. Yet, hope remained. A stranger from another world, the Avatar, defeated Mondain, shattering the Gem and scattering its shards across our world.

These shards, remnants of Mondain's gem, led us to the Third Age, the Age of Enlightenment, where our world was divided into parallel existences - each a reflection of the shard it originated from. It was a time of exploration and discovery but also of danger and deceit. Each shard-world developed its cultures, cities, and destinies, creating a diversity unseen in the earlier ages.

In this age, I've seen cities rise and fall, witnessed guilds form alliances and declare wars, and watched as new lands were discovered and tamed. From the eerie calm of the Yew forests, and the bustling markets of Britain, to the fiery depths of the dungeon Doom, every corner of our world holds a story.

The Avatar’s ethos guided us, and the virtues of our ancestors defined us, but it was the struggle against the darkness and the unity in the face of despair that truly shaped the world of Ultima Online. Our history is more than just the recounting of past events. It's the living, breathing story of us, of you.

Travelers, I hope this brief recounting has kindled a spark of interest in the lore of our world. Remember, knowledge of the past is a beacon for the future. Keep these stories in your heart as you traverse the lands of Ultima Online. Each footstep you make imprints upon the ever-evolving tapestry of our world.

For those of you who are new, welcome. I look forward to crossing paths with you in this world we call home. For the experienced adventurers, I trust these tales will fuel your sense of purpose, reinforcing the virtues that guide us all. For all, may your journey through Ultima Online be filled with adventure, and may your story be as memorable as the legends we honor today.

I hope everyone is enjoying these. I'm working on writing some stories of the UO World, Past and Present.
This is my latest work meant to be portrayed as someone from within the UO Realm talking to you, recounting the past, and speaking from experiences from within.
(More to follow)
I was hoping maybe we could get a forum section meant for things like this, Fan Stories, and writings.

Back