I'm currently hunting for the new tiledata flags for the newer clients (post-muls).
What used to work for custom wearables and mounts, doesn't ~completely~ work anymore.

The issues I'm having are:
1. Any custom wearable disappearing while sitting
2. Custom mounts disappearing.

Mounts:
It used to be you could set the quality flag to 25 for mounts, but I believe OSI has put this in the client.
I've extracted the exe(s), and it all looks greek to me at the moment.

Here is an example of the horses, one doesn't have a animation set, but does IG..the other still does.

(Without animation in tiledata)
upload_2014-3-7_8-55-31.jpeg

(With animation in tiledata)
upload_2014-3-7_8-56-0.jpeg

Clothing:
It seems there is more to do than before. There are more flags on "StackOff" and "MiscData"..which I'm not sure ~exactly~ what these are yet.
upload_2014-3-7_8-57-22.jpeg

Any insight or help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not a Hexer. ;)

StackOff is the stacking offset in pixels when stacked. The higher the number the more pixels "away" from each other the multiple items will appear in a stack. At least that has always been the description and my perception of that particular flag.

This was posted as a revision to UOFiddler a while back:

renamed Unk1 to MiscData (old UO Demo weapon template def)

Unk1 is explained here:

http://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3105

Hopefully all that helps you out in your quest oh noble Redmoon! :p

PS - The "Quality" flag, when couple with the Arm/Weapon and Wearable flags, refers to the layer of the item. Why this is necessary for us when we can reassign that via serverside code, I'm not so sure - but I still flag it appropriately when adding something regardless.

StackOff is the stacking offset in pixels when stacked. The higher the number the more pixels "away" from each other the multiple items will appear in a stack. At least that has always been the description and my perception of that particular flag.

This was posted as a revision to UOFiddler a while back:

Unk1 is explained here:

http://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3105

Hopefully all that helps you out in your quest oh noble Redmoon! :p

PS - The "Quality" flag, when couple with the Arm/Weapon and Wearable flags, refers to the layer of the item. Why this is necessary for us when we can reassign that via serverside code, I'm not so sure - but I still flag it appropriately when adding something regardless.

I'd totally play the damsel in distress! ;) I'm stumblin' around in the dark here, but I know it's possible to get this much needed info. I have all my customs set correctly. They work perfect in lower clients...I'm not sure what OSI's smokin'..but maybe I need some of it to get in their frame of mind. o_O

1. Any custom wearable disappearing while sitting
not the first time i've heard of this.
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/custom-wearables-and-sitting.76611/
http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...om-wearables-not-showing-when-sitting.516638/

Safera said:
So, if your wearable needs to appear properly in the sitting position, put it in between slots 0xC4E (50400) and 0xC737 (50999).
Source: http://www.servuo.com/threads/adding-custom-wearables-clothing-armor-weapons.297/

Last edited:

All of the above links are for clients 7.0.23.1 and below; mounts clients 7.0.10(ish and lower)... and my customs work flawlessly with those clients. I'm using the newest client (7.0.34.6-7.0.36.15), and none of the older work-arounds fix this issue.

Ugh! Well I found the clothing issue. Apparently when I did a mass import in UO Fiddler something wigged out and flagged things really wrong. Now to find the Mount flags. :D

Last edited:
none of the older work-arounds fix this issue.
ah I had no idea.

Now to find the Mount flags.
How do you go about finding these flags? I mean lets say you added a custom item that is a shirt. How do you know what to set quality and misc data?
the rest I'm fairly familiar with such as the check box options and most of the input boxes.

ah I had no idea.

How do you go about finding these flags? I mean lets say you added a custom item that is a shirt. How do you know what to set quality and misc data?
the rest I'm fairly familiar with such as the check box options and most of the input boxes.

This is what I'm currently looking for. I'm sure it's in one of the exe(s) or dll(s). I have peeked into them, but haven't found what we're all looking for yet (?e_flags?). From what it looks like, OSI is linking all art/gumps to animations via the client then flagging in tiledata as a "after thought" reference"...to make it harder for people to customize. It would be ~really~ nice to have custom flags/layers in the next publish, ie; just add the art/gump then script in and add the flags/layers via the script.

I have just about sorted out my clothing issues, but some still have the wrong animations. <-This is one of the new issues.

Here is an example of the new issue, and how it's now all combined:

#HK Shirt Needs Hue CHANGE
772 {913} 0
772 is gump 50772/0xC654 (used to be a good slot per the 50k-50,999 / 60k-60,999 rule)
913 is the animation for a doublet
0 is the hue (or lack of a hue in this case)

When you wear this it is fine on the paperdoll, but the animation is of the NPC_Adranath(772) on the character.

Here is one that is fine, but the gump "anim number" isn't currently in use:
#Pegasus Robe GOOD
#C514 50452 452
452 {987} 0

So what it looks like (I'll be testing this today), is any gump slots that end up being a currently used animation will be forced to be the new animation. Meaning, like the HK Shirt; it's tiledata gump number 772 is Adranath and when you wear it your character will wear a Adranath. I found this type of looping when I did the exodus encounter. :mad:

The old way was the gump was linked to a animation number then added to body.def minus 50k. (mulpatcher)

Here is a tiny script I made to make all this a ~little~ bit easier:
Code:
#region Notes
/*                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                    ,----..                    
    ,---,.                                    .--.--.                                              /  /  \                    
  ,'  .' |                                  /  /    '.                                      ,--,  /  .    :                  
,---.'  |  ,---.    __  ,-.              |  :  /`. /            __  ,-.                ,'_ /| .  /  ;.  \                  
|  |  .'  '  ,'\ ,' ,'/ /|              ;  |  |--`            ,' ,'/ /|    .---.  .--. |  | :.  ;  /  ` ;                  
:  :  :  /  /  |'  | |' |              |  :  ;_      ,---.  '  | |' |  /.  ./|,'_ /| :  . |;  |  ; \ ; |                  
:  |  |-,.  ; ,. :|  |  ,'                \  \    `.  /    \ |  |  ,'.-' . ' ||  ' | |  . .|  :  | ; | '                  
|  :  ;/|'  | |: :'  :  /                  `----.  \ /    /  |'  :  / /___/ \: ||  | ' |  | |.  |  ' ' ' :                  
|  |  .''  | .; :|  | '                    __ \  \  |.    ' / ||  | '  .  \  ' .:  | | :  ' ;'  ;  \; /  |                  
'  :  '  |  :    |;  : |                  /  /`--'  /'  ;  /|;  : |  \  \  '|  ; ' |  | ' \  \  ',  /                  
|  |  |  \  \  / |  , ;                  '--'.    / '  |  / ||  , ;    \  \  :  | : ;  ; |  ;  :    /                    
|  :  \    `----'  ---'                    `--'---'  |  :    | ---'      \  \ |'  :  `--'  \  \  \ .'                    
|  | ,'                                                \  \  /            '---" :  ,      .-./  `---`                      
`----'                                                    `----'                    `--`----'                                  
                                          ,-.----.                                  ____                                        
  ,---,                                    \    /  \                  ,---,        ,'  , `.                                      
,---.'|                                    ;  :    \              ,---.'|    ,-+-,.' _ |  ,---.    ,---.        ,---,      
|  | :                                    |  | .\ :              |  | :  ,-+-. ;  , ||  '  ,'\  '  ,'\  ,-+-. /  |      
:  : :        .--,                      .  : |: |    ,---.      |  | | ,--.'|'  |  || /  /  | /  /  | ,--.'|'  |      
:    |,-.    /_ ./|                      |  |  \ :  /    \  ,--.__| ||  |  ,', |  |,.  ; ,. :.  ; ,. :|  |  ,"' |      
|  : '  | , ' , ' :                      |  : .  /  /    /  | /  ,'  ||  | /  | |--' '  | |: :'  | |: :|  | /  | |      
|  |  / :/___/ \: |                      ;  | |  \ .    ' / |.  '  /  ||  : |  | ,    '  | .; :'  | .; :|  | |  | |      
'  : |: | .  \  ' |                      |  | ;\  \'  ;  /|'  ; |:  ||  : |  |/    |  :    ||  :    ||  | |  |/      
|  | '/ :  \  ;  :                      :  ' | \.''  |  / ||  | '/  '|  | |`-'      \  \  /  \  \  / |  | |--'        
|  :    |  \  \  ;                      :  : :-'  |  :    ||  :    :||  ;/            `----'    `----'  |  |/            
/    \  /    :  \  \                      |  |.'    \  \  /  \  \  /  '---'                              '---'            
`-'----'      \  ' ;                      `---'        `----'    `----'                                                        
                `--`                                                                                                    

This is a chest that you can fill with all your custom wearables to easily test in game */
#endregion Notes
using System;
using Server;
using System;
using System.Collections;
using Server.Multis;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Network;

namespace Server.Items
{
	public class ChestOfCustoms : Container
	{
        public override bool Decays
        {
            get
        {
            return false;
        }
        }
        public override int DefaultGumpID
        {
            get
        {
            return 9;
        }
        }

public override int DefaultDropSound
        {
            get
        {
            return 66;
        }
        }

public override Rectangle2D Bounds
        {
            get
        {
            return new Rectangle2D(20, 85, 104, 111);
        }
        }
		[Constructable]
        public ChestOfCustoms() : base(0x0E80)
		{
            ItemID = Utility.RandomList(0x09A8, 0x0E80);
			Weight = 255.0;
		    Movable = false;
		    Name = "Chest of Customs";
			Hue = 33;

DropItem(new BookOfBushido());//example

//add your items to NEWITEM

/* DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());
            DropItem(new NEWITEM());*/

}

public ChestOfCustoms(Serial serial)
            : base(serial)
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
		}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
		}
	}
}

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the flags in great detail, but I always wondered why Inside UO and fiddler had several unknown flags listed. It seems like we haven't ever had a complete listing, even though it was readily available in the 2.x.x.x client series.

Compare this screenshot with UO fiddler: ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b347_Praxiiz_god_client_item_editor.png

I found this information.

Tiledata Quality numbers
1 One handed weapon
2 Two handed weapon, shield, or misc.
3 Shoes
4 Pants
5 Shirt
6 Helm / Line
7 Gloves
8 Ring
9 Talisman
10 Neck
11 Haier
12 Waist (half apron)
13 Torso (inner) (chest armor)
14 Bracelet
15 Unused (but backpackers for backpackers go to 21)
16 Facial Hair
17 Torso (middle) (sircoat, tunic, full apron, sash)
18 Earrings
19 Arms
20 Back (cloak)
21 Backpack
22 Torso (outer) (robe)
23 Legs (outer) (skirt / kilt)
24 Legs (inner) (leg armor)
25 Mount (horse, ostard, etc)
26 NPC Buy Restock container
27 NPC Buy no restock container
28 NPC Sell container

I also found this information but it may not all be very clear or 100% accurate.
Name, the item's name,
Anim, EQUIP item if item anim files stored in the ID of this item,

Weight, the weight of the items,

Quality, the nature of the items,

Quantity, the quantity of the items,

Stackoff, may be hiding something in my item (a container with a TYPE value to put the item into Bookcase)

Value, the item's value,

Height, the height of the item,

A Miscdat Weapon template, as may be specified.

Other qualifications necessary to mention,

Background: Map of the background, (Example Tree)

Weapon: Weapons whether. If you are a weapon of this nature to be active in the game behaves like a normal item.

Transparent: Transparency feature of the game, if not actively items will need to appear transparent. (Ships sail)

Translucent: Translucent.

Wall: Wall whether.

DAMAGING: Damage may be. (Damage to a wall area that you do not need these qualities active.)

Impassable: surpassed you pass through (a wall, so when you add item to be activated.)

Wet: Water tile is about.

Surface: walkable surface.

Bridge: Bridge even if it means these attributes are used for the stairs.

Generic:

Window: Window is the quality. (When you add a window When you select this attribute is called from daytime sunlight light.mul file and enter the light into the building.

No Shooter: can not be Atack.

Article from: consonants in English begin with the letters placed in front of the item name "a" supplement.

Article by: Celebrities in English begin with the letters placed in front of the item name the "moment" is additional.

Internal:

Foliage: Trees and foliage are used for qualification.

partialhu to: attributes are used for items having the individual.

Map: Map is used for item.

Container: Bookcase, are qualities which opened when clicked on like Barrel.

Wearable: applies to clothing that can be worn.

Lightsource: Lantern light-up items like used.

Animation: Fireplace in items such as animation, which will be activated.

Hoverov is:

Armor: Armor is used in items.
Roof: The roof is used in items.

Door: Door is the quality of items.

Stairback: is related to the direction of the stairs.

Stairright: is related to the direction of the stairs.

Last edited:
Without digging into it very much more:

From 7.0.34.15
Code:
multiMovable....
playAnimOnce....
pixelbleed..
noshadow....
alphablend..
stair_right.
stair_back..
door....
roof....
armor...
art_used....
nodraw..
hover_over..
animation...
lightsource.
wearable....
container...
map.
usenewart...
nohouse.
partialhue..
foliage.
mongen..
article.
article_the.
article_an..
article_a...
noshoot.
window..
generic.
bridge..
surface.
ignored.
wet.
impassable..
damaging....
wall....
translucent.
transparent.
weapon..
background..

paperdoll...
gender..
race....
appearance..
hue.
slot....
acwc....
value...
height..
quantity....
quality.
weight..

from 7.0.10.3
Code:
multiMovable....
playAnimOnce....
pixelbleed..
noshadow....
alphablend..
stair_right.
stair_back..
door....
roof....
armor...
art_used....
nodraw..
hover_over..
animation...
lightsource.
wearable....
container...
map.
usenewart...
nohouse.
partialhue..
foliage.
mongen..
article.
article_the.
article_an..
article_a...
noshoot.
window..
generic.
bridge..
surface.
ignored.
wet.
impassable..
damaging....
wall....
translucent.
transparent.
weapon..
background..

paperdoll...
gender..
race....
appearance..
hue.
slot....
acwc....
value...
height..
quantity....
quality.
weight..

It's doubtful that all of that is being pulled from the TileData, but the names are probably correct for the ones that are found there.

Last edited:
I copied an existing "stair right" item and the flags were: Surface, Bridge, NoShoot, StairRight. Also, it needs to know the height -- I used 5. The item works perfectly as a new stair.

StairLeft uses just Surface, Bridge, NoShoot.

I copied an existing "stair right" item and the flags were: Surface, Bridge, NoShoot, StairRight. Also, it needs to know the height -- I used 5. The item works perfectly as a new stair.

StairLeft uses just Surface, Bridge, NoShoot.
Thanks falkfor will try that

Back