Everyone here plays UO, this much is plainly obvious. But, when you're not playing, building, creating new graphics,maps, sounds, running web forums and site pages just developing or otherwise being an industrious code monkey - what other games do partake in?

(Presuming you even have the time, I know I barely do. :p)

I play half life 2 deathmatch since about 5~6 years, been playing 3913 hours in total, and i'm scripting on that game (cfg scripting), and i recently started making plugins by myself (yesterday).
Essentially this game is awesome once you become used to the "programming language" (which is not really one), it consists of using the developer console offered by the source engine, and then placing a bunch of commands together to form something.
You can create, and edit entities, aswell as creating logic stuffs.
Recently i've started a motorcycle, 75KB large and 1046 lines of code, with a big "TODO" list... xD
here's a pic of it:
adl.dropboxusercontent.com_s_59y71s5zkyt0cha_2014_11_02_00001.8f624192094c0b8b4e13d88ed468e2e7.jpg

It would be impossible to list all what i have made on this thread... As i have 1342 script files, one of my biggest being a working stargate
that weight 3995KB with 32527 lines.

Yes i have no life.

Other than that i play age of empire 2 conqueror, endless space, some minecraft, flatout 2 when i want to drive, kerbal space program (coding is fun), and starbound occasionally.

Sounds pretty awesome that POoka, I loved Half Life 2. And Star Citizen looks rather interesting, I have to say - they weren't touting it as the new Elite a few years ago were they?

<< EDIT - I totally remember Star Citizen - the pledge prices were a little too high for my tastes. I had a friend point it my way, and it put us both off, sadly.

Personally, I'm a full on retro-gamer, so DOSBox and ScummVM have seen a lot of action from me. More recently, I dabbled with a few other MMOs (Path of Exile (Surprisingly enjoyable), Fallen Earth (Which is pretty meh)) Finally, got around to trying Fallout 3 and Skyrim this year too. Found them kinda underwhelming and hollow, to be perfectly honest. I much preferred the originals they were based on (Fallout 1&2, Morrowind) and I have a real hankering to play Planescape Torment again, such a beautiful storyline.

However, shardly duties beckon. lol

I've played Path of Exile as well Mogster. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I got into it. I used to play Diablo I and Diablo II quite a bit, but I was turned off by some things they did with Diablo III. I feel like PoE is more of a spiritual successor to the older Diablo games. I still play the old Baldur's Gate games, and am looking forward to Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition. I play Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, but I am not at all impressed by Neverwinter Online.

My biggest time sink however, is EVE Online, the game where my name and avatar come from. I have been playing EVE since beta, I go to fan fest in Reykjavik Iceland almost every year, and I have been to EVE Down Under in Australia and EVE Vegas each twice. Yeah, I am pretty addicted to EVE. I also write and code a MUD, play a Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup from time to time, and go on periodic Crusader Kings II binges. I own every DLC for that one.

And in case that isn't enough I have NES and SNES installed on all my modded consoles, to scratch that retro itch if I need too. In addition to occasionally working on my UO shard, I am writing a game in C and Python that will probably never be finished, but I don't care ;) I try to GM a tabletop game every week if I can get enough players together. We play Pathfinder, Rolemaster, AD&D 2E, and Dungeon Crawl Classics, to name a few.

**EDIT** Oh, and I forgot to mention Dwarf Fortress! I have a sick love/hate relationship with that one.

Last edited:
What OTHER games? There are OTHER games?!?!? *Looks confused*

Joking, but honestly the only other games I really play are old Point/Click Adventures(Myst series were good!), and MAME Emulated games. My favorite is probably Galaga, but my wrists cant handle it anymore. Original Call of Duty Online(PC not console) was fun when my tendonitis wasnt as bad. Can still play those, just not for too long. Also enjoy other Emu's for consoles/computers from my youth....Especially, C-64!!

I remember a very fine rendition of Galaga on the Amiga called Deluxe Galaga, I have to say I played that thing to death. It's very hard to get hold of the ROMs for Amiga nowadays, though. Their copyright was fiercely protected. Played everything from ZX Spectrum to C64 on the emu scene, though. Even tried a bit of BBC Micro (Having started on an Acorn Electron, in my youth, this was pretty much the same thing.)

Btw, Sorthious, you ever hear about a game called Exile on the C64?

My biggest time sink however, is EVE Online, the game where my name and avatar come from. I have been playing EVE since beta, I go to fan fest in Reykjavik Iceland almost every year, and I have been to EVE Down Under in Australia and EVE Vegas each twice. Yeah, I am pretty addicted to EVE.

If you quit can I have your stuff?

I been struggling Eve for years, have 4 accounts. Looking forward to Phoebe release tomorrow as at the moment I do not have time to play Eve and will be nice to stack up my skills for a while :D I struggle for isk in Eve, never quit found a niche on the market or activity I can really get isk from, so normally I sit and mine like a carebear!

Other than that I play League of Legends and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

...Btw, Sorthious, you ever hear about a game called Exile on the C64?

I've heard of it but vaguely remember it. I must have played over 2k games on the C-64. We were getting new games from Germany before they even hit the states. The games I was mainly interested in were Text and Graphic text adventures and D&D like games. I think my favorite and most memorable game on the C-64 was The Bards Tale. It was an awesome game on the C-64. The game was really well done, especially for back then. Damn!! Now I'm gonna have to fire up an EMU and play that again! Got me nostalgic.

Not really playing much right now, can't get into anything I've seen lately (last 2 years really)

Computers owned...
Sinclair ZX81 and most of what came out on that (I was around when it came out... sorry lol)
Dragon 32 and some of the games that got released for that, can't remember who made that computer but never mind.
BBC B and elite, lots of other stuff by a guy called Garry Partis (because I knew him back then) so got to see lots of things before they were finished ;)
C64 paradroid and most of jeff minters games... loved those. Loco & suicide express by crowther... pulled his code to bits ;)
Amiga all sorts... damn graphics co-processors and copper lists ;) but liked 68000 CPU in it.
PC stuff from around 1990 and onwards. EVE Online (must close those accounts due to time to play = 0), world of tanks actually amuses me at the moment ???
Ryzom, Halo, Lock On (flight sim), Aion, owned a lineage 2 server for a bit but never liked J# or the client encryption.
Robotron on MAME with a keyboard for sheer laugh value :)

Looking forward to Elite Dangerous (in beta now so still not perfect but looking good)
And obviously UO and pulling the client to bits to build a launcher N stuff along with the ListUO.com site which sadly the domain I lost due to a house move when it expired... oppps

I don't often have a solid chunk of time that I can sit down and play without having to jump up and do something. So I tend to stick to more casual type games...
Epic Duel - it looks cheesy but it's a turn based pvp game you can play 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 and I've been playing it off an on since it went Beta about 6 years ago. It's by the Artix group that more commonly known for Adventure Quest.
Kings Road - It's like Diablo lite, and I don't typically like Diablo or Diablo-like games, but it passed the "I'll get bored of it by level 15" test.

When I have time to play, I like mmorpgs - the free to play ones -
Star Wars The Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights Online, TERA have been my favorites.
Dragon's Prophet (Sony Online) is quite fun too but could use a bit more development.
Would love to try out Everquest Next/Landmark but sadly don't have the time or right type of windows installed.

But I always find time to play console games. Had a Nintendo but it stopped working, newest consoles I have are PS2 and Gamecube.
Currently replaying LoZ: Twilight Princess. Occasionally work on finishing God of War 2. Love the Final Fantasy series (haven't played any of the online ones).

Lately I have been modding games, the most time I've spent outside of UO has been Skyrim, but I have also revisited Fallout 3, Deus Ex, FarCry series having modded them in some way to make a new or better experience.
Outside of modded games Borderlands would be my COOP_ Game of choice. Over here every Friday night is game night, which involves some titles like: Injustice, Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat, Dead Rising 3, and [GTA V, Red Dead Redemption + (Undead edition). I'm not big on consoles, more of a diehard PC gamer, but I dabble a little ;)]

I'm looking forward to FarCry 4 coming out in 9 days, which will redirect all my attention from everything else for awhile I'm sure. Still jonesin' for the next StarWars title, but that's a bit of a wait.

Back