Really Customizable Game Launcher... C#
When I am finished I'll release the source to everyone. It has some features that are specific to me but are useful and work... All graphics can be switched out... you can set up your own webpages to displace in the browser either directly or via buttons...

So far the working features are the motd or owners blog and the server credits pages... the pages that don't work are the file download button and the check for updates button... they both will operate in the same way which is why I'm looking for help. The client lauches fine so the main button and point to this project works.

as23.postimg.org_y8faeeud7_Captu456re.jpg

I'm 90% done with my next release for the forums... but I hit a hiccup; it's not an error it's lack of knowledge.... so I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to make the Windows Forms Webbrowser feature, and/or, a Windows Forms button (without the webbrowser feature)....

download a file from a remote URL into a user specified directory?! I've been searching web all night and nothing has worked out of the zillions of suggestions. I keep getting exception errors with the button, not enough cache error with the browser, and my favorite something about a savefile dialog; only I'm not saving an app created file... I'm trying to save a file from the internet onto my computer.

LOL okay I'm tired.. going to bed... any help would be appreciated. If not, I'll find a solution sooner or later. If you guys think this is a waste of time let me know; I can abandon the project altogether, but I think this adds flavor to personalization. *yawns*

Okay progress update (literally)... Eurrreka! Life does exist on Mars...

Yes I even amaze myself sometimes. After playing around with it for now 10 hours straight; I learned how to make the download button work! It will now download your game files from any website you specify... you just have to replace my url with yours in the source.... I even added a new feature... a progress bar... and a File download complete window.

One thing to mention make sure you have read/write access to your hard drive or this will throw an exception error that reads; that thing scared the crap out of me when I first saw it and omg was I happy to get rid of it:

An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code
Additional information: Access to the path 'C:\uoaclient_v7.0.21.1.rar' is denied.
If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

as14.postimg.org_j5q5j92wx_cvcv.jpg

I would like to thank this url for helping me insert the download function - without them this wouldn't have worked:

http://www.devtoolshed.com/content/c-download-file-progress-bar

...and I'd like to thank this website for helping me fix my exception error (realizing I don't have write access on my own disk?!) ROFL

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ystem-unauthorizedaccessexception-occurred-in

Back