Resource icon

Ticket Teleporters 1.0

No permission to download

jingz2k2

Citizen
jingz2k2 submitted a new resource:

Ticket Teleporters - #Teleporters that uses a ticket for use

Hello ServUO community,

Good morning/afternoon/evening. This is my first script.
I would like to share it with whoever may need it.

This is a teleporter that checks your backpack for the required item.
In this case, the required item is a Ticket in a form of a deed.

If the teleporter detects the ticket in the players' backpack, it will consume the ticket and proceeds to move the player to the location.

Usage:
1) Extract scripts to your Scripts/Custom/ folder.
2) [add TicketTele
3) [props...

Read more about this resource...

Tukaram

Rookie
I like that. That could be very useful for running quests. Just curious though, why you used the utility.randomdouble? I ran through five tickets. Three got consumed on 1st use. One made 4 trips. One made 5 trips before being consumed. I realize it is easy enough to change the number to make always consume, if you really want to limit access, but I guess I am just curious what your using it for :)

TheArt

Rookie
I like that. That could be very useful for running quests. Just curious though, why you used the utility.randomdouble? I ran through five tickets. Three got consumed on 1st use. One made 4 trips. One made 5 trips before being consumed. I realize it is easy enough to change the number to make always consume, if you really want to limit access, but I guess I am just curious what your using it for :)

For me, I changed it so there wasn't a random at all so it would always consume it. I have leveling gear on my server and I intend to use this script so players have to pay gold to get it :p but there is limitless possibilities now that I figured it out to get it to always consume :3
Post automatically merged:

and what I mean is, basically they can go to a dungeon and level their gear faster.

Last edited:

Tukaram

Rookie
Yes, it has great potential either way. I like making quests and this is a great way to let people into certain spots. Given out by the quest giver, only people on quest get in. I have a quest that the ticket expires in 6 hours, but that means you can use it multiple times, or sign off, and lose it. This way they can use it when they want - but only once. Or used in one-time events. Could be fun.

jingz2k2

Citizen
OMG I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A SCRIPT JUST LIKE THIS Thank you so much!!!
Thank you. I am glad you found this useful.

I used it in one of our harvest event to be able to mine exclusive wood and ore(using specific item id). The tickets were mainly a gold sink.

Yes, it has great potential either way. I like making quests and this is a great way to let people into certain spots. Given out by the quest giver, only people on quest get in. I have a quest that the ticket expires in 6 hours, but that means you can use it multiple times, or sign off, and lose it. This way they can use it when they want - but only once. Or used in one-time events. Could be fun.
Ah yes, timer is a good one for special mobs or quest.

Diesel

Citizen
If you want the ticket to delete find the section of the TicketTeleporter.cs that matches what I posted below:

if (ticket != null)
{
if (Utility.RandomDouble() <
0.75 || ticket.Insured || ticket.LootType == LootType.Blessed)
{
m.SendMessage("Your ticket is valid.");
}
else
{
ticket.Delete();
m.SendMessage("Your ticket disappears as you step onto the teleporter.");
}

Change the 0.75 to 0.0 and it will cause the ticket to always delete. Now I am not a coder but I think it says if the random value is greater than .75 (or 25% chance) then delete the ticket. So I switched it to say:

if (Utility.RandomDouble() < 0.0

So I believe this says if the value of the ticket is larger than 0.0 then delete the ticket. I ran a test of 10 tickets stepping onto the teleporter and it deleted the ticket all ten times. Since math is a foreign concept to me and I CAN NOT CODE my test is anecdotal. Good Luck!
Post automatically merged:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BTW I had run across on a shard that charges you to use their dye tubs (no really) implementation of this script or one very similar to it. The shard I had found it on charged I think a $1 or .50 cents to buy one of these tickets.

On my shard I plan on using it as a gift for player event participation.